Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For those who decided to jump in early, which trim did you decide on and why? To S or not to S.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
204 Posts
I went with an s. My last new ducati was my hyper in 09 and it was the base. I have since put monoblock calipers, a rear ohlins shock and some carbon on her. Still wish I had the forged wheels.

This time around I decided I still wanted the wheels but the suspension peaked my interest. It will be a street bike but I do a few track days a year. I have a track bike, so the sf will only go out for a few sessions. I’m not a suspension master so I figured the dynamic ohlins will work well for me on the street and light track use without wasting a lot of time to get it right.

The only thing I don’t like about the s so far is the gold fork tubes. I prefer the silver/grey on the base.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I went with an s. My last new ducati was my hyper in 09 and it was the base. I have since put monoblock calipers, a rear ohlins shock and some carbon on her. Still wish I had the forged wheels.

This time around I decided I still wanted the wheels but the suspension peaked my interest. It will be a street bike but I do a few track days a year. I have a track bike, so the sf will only go out for a few sessions. I’m not a suspension master so I figured the dynamic ohlins will work well for me on the street and light track use without wasting a lot of time to get it right.

The only thing I don’t like about the s so far is the gold fork tubes. I prefer the silver/grey on the base.
I was in the same boat as you with my 1199 Pani. Kind of agree about the gold forks. Wish it was the all black Ohlins with black shaft too!

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I don't want one because I find them butt ugly but I would take the S for sure. Nice upgrades and retain more resale value.
Good point on resale. Interesting that you think it looks hideous. It’s looking better and better each time I see it.

Do you think it looks too busy?

·
Registered
95 Posts
I don't want one because I find them butt ugly but I would take the S for sure. Nice upgrades and retain more resale value.
Just wondering, have you seen it in person yet? I liked it in pictures but thought some angles weren't flattering. I saw it at the Carlin Dunne event in NYC and I found it really striking. It has a lot of presence. I never thought the original SF photographed well either but once I saw one in person, I had to have one.

·
Registered
204 Posts
I saw her in NYC as well and it solidified my decision. The bike is much better looking in person than on a screen. It seems much smaller to me and I really liked that. The only part I didn’t like before was the mufflers, but in person I barely noticed them.

·
Bon Vivant
10,405 Posts
Good point on resale. Interesting that you think it looks hideous. It’s looking better and better each time I see it.

Dont listen to what people on this forum say about the looks, looks are subjective and personal. I cant stand bikes and cars that a lot of people like these days and some of them dont usually like my taste either. what matters is if it works for YOU.

·
Registered
671 Posts
Yes that's one point.

Just wondering, have you seen it in person yet? I liked it in pictures but thought some angles weren't flattering.
Not yet. Yes I expect to find it looks better live, as the first SF.

BUT, I don't want to like it 😅 208 hp on a naked I don't see the point, I prefer aprilia v4 sound, and my next bike will be a dual sport (ktm or husky 350 probably), tired of riding roads. My original SF-S will stay with me until she (or I) die, whatever come first.

·
Registered
991 Posts
I have an S on order, I ended up upgrading suspension and wheels on my Base 1198 and Base Multistrada 1200. It's cheaper up front. You get the electronic damper as well.

I'm hoping they add cruise control before release, and an option for heated grips. I do long rides on all my bikes and these two items add to the useability for me.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Heated grips are possible. When I saw The bike in New York City the rep said was a prototype, and it had the controls from a multistrada, and the heated grip button. He told me it was up in the air at that point. If they continue with the multi controls the heated grips will stay. But it was still possible for them to change to controls from another bike and lose the heated grips. I hope they stay as well. Sorry no info about cruise control.

·
Premium Member
3,487 Posts
No point in not including cruise... with all the e-gizmo's already on the bike it's basically free to add it. Not that it's a bike you would expect to spend much time using. I've not ordered yet but it would be an S.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts