Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Could any one tell me if there is any Ohlins steering dampers to fit the Streetfighter S and where to purchase them. My new bike gets really bad head shake is this common.

·
Registered
309 Posts
I've seen Ohlins units on...

Could any one tell me if there is any Ohlins steering dampers to fit the Streetfighter S and where to purchase them. My new bike gets really bad head shake is this common.
The motowheels SF and the Shift-Tech SF. I also want to upgrade my stock damper to a Ohlins...

The only time I have any type of head shake is when I am on the freeway behind a large truck. It's a bit unsettling but manageable.

·
IHMC Est. 2010
2,017 Posts
Mine seems to work fine. Took an 848 out for a rip without one and noticed lots of headshake in certain conditions. I feel I could use a bit more dampening on the SF for more aggressive rides.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks I will check with them . Here in Australia the Streetfighter has only been out for a couple of weeks and it is hard to find any parts yet .
i have ordered a complete exhaust which they tell me is 10 weeks away and the cost is $6500 The bike itself was $33000 for the S model .

·
Registered
465 Posts
I've had zero head shake on mine, even on the track and in bumpy conditions. Have your suspension set-up checked, something is not right.

Shift-Tech - Are you saying Ohlins has a kit for the Streetfighter?

·
Registered
309 Posts
Shift-Tech, more info please!

Ohlins also has a newer version available for the SF and it works way way better then the stock damper.
I did a quick check of the Ohlins website and I did not find any Streetfighter specific products. Can you provide more info?

·
Registered
2,501 Posts
With regards to Ohlins for Ducati contact Dan Kyle at KyleUSA. I am like 95% sure he has one for our Streetfighters. He is The largest Ohlins dealer in North America. He set me up with a full Ohlins suspension and steering damper for my 848 track bike. If you call just ask for Dan or Alex. Either will help you out. I am not affiliated at all with KyleUSA just a very happy customer.

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
i have ordered a complete exhaust which they tell me is 10 weeks away and the cost is $6500 The bike itself was $33000 for the S model .
There is absolutely no reason you should be paying this stupid amount of money for the full exhaust. You should be buying it from the US and shipping it home. PM me if you need help on this. (Sydneysider in the US)... same with all the other accessories and gear available. The Australian importers and retailers are ripping you off. $6500 Aust = $5500 US which is $2000 US more than it should be.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
TheDucnutOfBevelville Thanks for the tip , I have been looking at some american sites and I have noticed the price difference, I think Kevin Rudd is partly to blame for the pricing. I am chasing slipper clutch,crash protectors,carbon fibre and levers . I just had my suspension reworked and setup to suit me(and the crap roads here) Going for a test ride today

·
Premium Member
3,178 Posts
We send many shipments weekly to AUS to many members, if you find anything on your website that you like and have a questions just drop me a line.

·
Registered
2,501 Posts
TheDucnutOfBevelville Thanks for the tip , I have been looking at some american sites and I have noticed the price difference, I think Kevin Rudd is partly to blame for the pricing. I am chasing slipper clutch,crash protectors,carbon fibre and levers . I just had my suspension reworked and setup to suit me(and the crap roads here) Going for a test ride today
Aussie man, you may want to look at Shift-Tech. He sells all of all the above that you are looking for and his stuff is all top shelf. He even said he ships direct to Australia. I bought all my stuff from Shift-Tech and I am a very happy customer.

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
And I purchased some items recently as well from Shift-tec with no worries at all. The only thing you may want to do is try to minimize Aust customs charges ....... PM me.

·
Registered
102 Posts
The motowheels SF and the Shift-Tech SF. I also want to upgrade my stock damper to a Ohlins...

The only time I have any type of head shake is when I am on the freeway behind a large truck. It's a bit unsettling but manageable.
I think this buffeting that you experience on the freeway is probably NOT what is meant by head shake. It is the common side-to-side buffeting produced by the the air streams coming off the trucks and other large vehicles on the road around you. The best way to deal with that buffeting in my experience is just to relax and lighten your grip on the bars. The motion is unsettling, but will not make the bike uncontrollable at all, as the mean effect of the induced bike motion is usually close to 0. You can speed up or slow down to find quieter air to ride in. I doubt a steering damper change will make much difference in this phenomenon, unless the buffeting also triggers real speed wobble (head shake) in your bike, which I've personally not experienced.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I think this buffeting that you experience on the freeway is probably NOT what is meant by head shake. It is the common side-to-side buffeting produced by the the air streams coming off the trucks and other large vehicles on the road around you.

This was a proper tank slapper and it nearly went down the road, the surface was pretty rough and a slight left handed corner with the throttle screwed on hard. I now have had the suspension reworked with new springs and valve changes to keep me pointed in the right direction, but I would still like an adjustable damper

·
Registered
22 Posts
Sorry to revive an old thread - but there's nothing directly connected to 'Steering Damper' through the search except this one.

My damper doesn't really seem to dampen my steering much, or if at all. With violent, abrupt push/pull left and right to the bars while stationary, i only feel front tyre friction holding the steering twists. Does the stock damper have any sort of adjustment? Not intending to upgrade to an ohlins damper.

Riding a 2010 SF S.

·
Registered
1,806 Posts
unfortunately, no its not adjustable.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts