Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 126 Posts

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any rumors about an updated bike? The hyper 1100 is also missing, but we've seen those spy pics already.

·
Registered
77 Posts
IMHO, they will dump it in 2013 and only offer the 848 model. It just makes sense with the recent updates to the website with the arctic white pani, etc.

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
IMHO, they will dump it in 2013 and only offer the 848 model. It just makes sense with the recent updates to the website with the arctic white pani, etc.
Thinking the same thing when Ducati released the new monster, all versions were dropped for a year except the limited edition tri-color.
Maybe a naked 1199 14'

·
Registered
1,806 Posts
its more likely it will use the new Testastretta 11° DS engine rather than the 1199 engine...they use to do that...

At first they wanted to get rid of the 1098 engines, they built the SF with the superbike engine and they built the 1198 engine for the superbikes...

Now they are running out of 1098 engines, probably they will build the new SF on the multistrada engine with 3 different maps, dtc, abs etc...

my 2 C(en)TS

·
Premium Member
126 Posts
Goodbye to the dry clutch - your comforting rattle will be missed. Trading in a trademark for longer service intervals.... I think I will hang on to my 2009 sf for a while. (sorry, 2010)

·
Registered
77 Posts
its more likely it will use the new Testastretta 11° DS engine rather than the 1199 engine...they use to do that...

At first they wanted to get rid of the 1098 engines, they built the SF with the superbike engine and they built the 1198 engine for the superbikes...

Now they are running out of 1098 engines, probably they will build the new SF on the multistrada engine with 3 different maps, dtc, abs etc...

my 2 C(en)TS
I tend to agree. I don't think it makes sense from a production line standpoint to keep the one oddball power plant for only one bike (not their bestseller either) and I don't really see them doing an 1199 SF. This may have been the last of the big motor SFs.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Goodbye to the dry clutch - your comforting rattle will be missed. Trading in a trademark for longer service intervals.... I think I will hang on to my 2009 sf for a while. (sorry, 2010)
I'm torn between ordering a white Pani vs keeping my 2010 SF. The three things I love about the SF are notably absent in the Pani (rattly dry clutch, trellis frame, low end grunt/general hooliganism). :) .

·
Registered
223 Posts
From what I've heard.. there are 3 "new" models coming out with a 820cc engine (113hp)..

One of them is the "new Hyper" which will replace the 1100..

The other 2 I have no clue..

Perhaps a replacement for the 1100 monster as well? A new baby,baby SF?

Besides those 2, is the Multi which I haven't found a late rumor of a baby multi, after confirmation that the bike from the spy shots is infact a new Hyper

·
Temporary greeter
23,095 Posts

·
IHMC Est. 2010
2,017 Posts
Considering the Tuono now uses the RSV4 mill, slightly detuned and the Tuono is considered my various mags as the new king of the nakeds, I suspect to see a more potent mill to compete with the Aprillia. I think they will want to use the pani tech. Why put in a motor that will not top the Ape?

·
Registered
223 Posts
If Ducati keeps this 1 model presentation (new or with big changes) per year scheme..

My money would go for:

'13 NEW Hyper with 820cc water cooled engine..
'14 NEW 848 EVO replacement.. following the lines of the 1199.. the rumored 799.. with that same 820cc engine..
'15 NEW SF....??

·
Registered
77 Posts
Considering the Tuono now uses the RSV4 mill, slightly detuned and the Tuono is considered my various mags as the new king of the nakeds, I suspect to see a more potent mill to compete with the Aprillia. I think they will want to use the pani tech. Why put in a motor that will not top the Ape?
It's painful to say it but that's what they did with the Pani and the RR. :(

·
Registered
77 Posts
Ducati Website: No Streetfighter S

Did anyone else notice that the Streetfighter S no longer appears on the Ducati website? Mistake or imminent update?

·
Bon Vivant
11,728 Posts
I do think at this time it is possible that they could drop the street fighter. It would be a shame because I still believe that it is one of the best bikes Ducati has ever built.

Making an 1199 sf would be shocking and garner a lot of hype but in the end I don't believe that motor is well suited to a naked and I don't think it would do well once the bike is on the street.

I would love it if they offered a new version of the sf with a 180hp 1198 engine but I don't like all of the new electronics and they would complicate the bike too much. So if the push is toward a fully electronic version I wouldn't be a candidate to trade up. In fact I've probably bought my last new Ducati. The ordeal with the pani is not one I want to repeat.

It would be a miracle if a redesigned sf was something I really wanted but I'm excited to see it if they do build one.

1 - 20 of 126 Posts