Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering if anyone in the Midwest has received their streetfighter S yet. I put down my deposit the other day and the dealer said it could arrive as early as 2 weeks from now but he is not certain on an exact date :(.

·
Premium Member
2012 Matte Black SFS
434 Posts
If i'm not mistaken, they are allocating the ones who put their deposits down first. Somebody please correct me if I am wrong...

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well I know this shop was due one before I even put the deposit down and I was the first person to do so at this shop. I also checked 2 other Duc dealers in the area and both had 5 already on the list.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Well I know this shop was due one before I even put the deposit down and I was the first person to do so at this shop. I also checked 2 other Duc dealers in the area and both had 5 already on the list.
There seems to be some connection between the *dealers* (not the actual customers that put deposits down) that took part in the launch program getting bikes first before the dealers that didn't. After the initial first batch of S models were delivered there was a recall program for the Ohlins front forks that held up the bikes till the problem was corrected.

My local dealer had a Triumph Demo Days weekend the same weekend as the Streetfighter launch and they couldn't do both events at the same time. They haven't received a single Streetfighter to date, despite having deposits from customers.

Either way, they should start trickling in to dealers in greater numbers from here on out.

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
I am still waiting for mine and I put a deposit down last year. Never mind, I'd rather have it right when it gets here!

·
Premium Member
2012 Matte Black SFS
434 Posts
Yeah, that dealer network things seems right. I hope you get yours soon Ducnut!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts