Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Blame the universe not the tank!
3,232 Posts
FatDuc, or rather fatduc.com is the company that manufactures the O2 Manipulator for the Ducati. The unit plugs in line with the O2 sensor at which it "trims" the reading the O2 sensor sends to the ECU. The ECU thinks the bike is running leaner than it is, and adds fuel.

With many a Duc, the bottom end suffers due to Euro3 tuning, and the way around it is to spend money... You can spend alot of money and get the DP ECU, spend a little less and get the ProTune unit, or spend even less and get the O2 Manipulator.

With the F1098, it requires two since the bike has dual O2 Sensors. Installation is plug n play. Jason (fatduc) offers a 30 day money back if you are not happy.

Some have not been able to get it working properly on the Street Fighter, and it would throw an CEL (check engine light). I had that problem to begin with, now it has been stable, with no CEL's since my last tweak.

Drop Jason an email or search the boards for comments on the unit.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Sf running problems

Hi all.
Not got a bike yet still deciding reading all comments with particular interest in the low rpm fueling. Have found somthing that might be of interest.
I have found an article in the june 10th edition of the UK MCN and a test ride of the Base SF and i quote " We recently tested the S model and found it was spoiled by very messy throttle response at low revs. Ducati told us there was a problem with that test bike, and we believe them because the fueling on this machine is perfect. There,s no jerkiness on and off the gas and low speed running is flawless, perfect for town ridding"
So Ducati must know somthing and while everyone is spending there money sorting it out with varying degrees of sucess surely a bike costing this much should run properly out of the box!

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
Thanks for the post rainbow but we've got all that....... unfortunately.

·
Registered
3,261 Posts
I'm guessing the bikes that the journalists have test ridden don't have the same Euro emissions tuning that other bikes had. I'm guessing MCN test rode an S-model NOT from the ducati journalists pool and got the version the unwashed masses that have bought these got. :)

Chris

Hi all.
Not got a bike yet still deciding reading all comments with particular interest in the low rpm fueling. Have found somthing that might be of interest.
I have found an article in the june 10th edition of the UK MCN and a test ride of the Base SF and i quote " We recently tested the S model and found it was spoiled by very messy throttle response at low revs. Ducati told us there was a problem with that test bike, and we believe them because the fueling on this machine is perfect. There,s no jerkiness on and off the gas and low speed running is flawless, perfect for town ridding"
So Ducati must know somthing and while everyone is spending there money sorting it out with varying degrees of sucess surely a bike costing this much should run properly out of the box!

·
The Engineer (Tell your mom hey)
1,642 Posts
well also a lot of the bikes they put the journalists on had the termi system on it.... so yea,, no emissions controls.

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
And of course they ALL ran the bikes in to the book & rode around at under 4000 revs for the day....:p

·
Registered
2 Posts
full termi streetfighter

New termi full system comes with new ECU but dealer sais I need to spend 2 hrs and 200.00 to re flash it if this true why not just re flash stock ecu I think tps needs to be changed but why new ecu or is dealer just after my money I installed myself and there are 2 bungs other than the o2 senser bungs what are they foe and where can I find plugs that thread size Termi nice but incomplete in my opinion

1 - 12 of 12 Posts