Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
484 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi. I am new to the forum so please excuse me if this has already been discussed.

I am very interested in getting a new Streetfighter S, but I have a couple questions.....

How is the reliability of the SF? Does it require a lot of fiddling to run well?

I live in NYC without a proper garage for wrenching on it constantly.

Just wondering. Thanks for any info.

Great forum by the way.

·
Registered
3,261 Posts
Not really a problem, the fueling issues (flat spots in the 3500 rpm range are well discussed here). All the modern era ducatis I've had have been very reliable so not a real issue, some find the clutch a bit heavy for city riding, but certainly not a labor intensive bike to own.

Chris

Hi. I am new to the forum so please excuse me if this has already been discussed.

I am very interested in getting a new Streetfighter S, but I have a couple questions.....

How is the reliability of the SF? Does it require a lot of fiddling to run well?

Great forum by the way.

·
Registered
2,124 Posts
It does need to be washed a lot in the UK as it gets full of shit...

·
Registered
178 Posts

Great forum by the way.
Aside from the initial recalls, I don't think there has been many SF problems. I'm at Beverly Hills Ducati all the time and I haven't seen any coming in with any type of issues. I think you're safe to buy one if its what you're looking for.

·
Registered
206 Posts
I hope you plan to ride a lot outside of Manhattan. Tooling around in the city on the SF is an exercise in frustration; it wants to really go and isn't too happy chugging along in traffic. But get it on a nice road upstate and it would be a dream.

·
Registered
736 Posts
I hope you plan to ride a lot outside of Manhattan. Tooling around in the city on the SF is an exercise in frustration; it wants to really go and isn't too happy chugging along in traffic. But get it on a nice road upstate and it would be a dream.
+1

·
Registered
2,124 Posts
ALL Dukes dont like pootlin around. Thats the race genes, they want to go & be thrashed, thats when they are at their best..:D

·
Premium Member
484 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Agreed.

I will absolutely not be riding the SF in the city. Thats what bicycles are for.

The only time it will see the city is when I am on my way out of or into it.

Upstate does have some lovely jaunts. My SV 650 with 40,000 miles on it thinks so too.

Thanks for the input guys.

·
Registered
412 Posts
You guys take a ride in the mountains of Colorado. Great rides with awesome views!

[/IMG]

·
Registered
736 Posts
Agreed.

I will absolutely not be riding the SF in the city. Thats what bicycles are for.

The only time it will see the city is when I am on my way out of or into it.

Upstate does have some lovely jaunts. My SV 650 with 40,000 miles on it thinks so too.

Thanks for the input guys.
The SF is like an SV with twice the HP and much better brakes.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts