Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
61 - 78 of 78 Posts

·
Registered
299 Posts
Hmmmm...why would they build an SF V2 as it would cut into the SF V4 sales I would think.....

·
Registered
2,226 Posts
Streetfighter V2 to be announced November 11th
Been waiting for the SF V2...:)
Hmmmm...why would they build an SF V2 as it would cut into the SF V4 sales I would think.....
I'd buy one...narrower, less weight, complexity, cost and it's a V twin. I don't think it would take many sales away from the V4.

·
Bon Vivant
11,821 Posts
Been waiting for the SF V2...:)

I'd buy one...narrower, less weight, complexity, cost and it's a V twin. I don't think it would take many sales away from the V4.
I haven't ridden the 959 Panigale which I think would be the base for the V2 SF but if its anything like the 950 that is in a lot of the current mid sized ducs - I'd pass... :censored:

·
Registered
2,226 Posts
I haven't ridden the 959 Panigale which I think would be the base for the V2 SF but if its anything like the 950 that is in a lot of the current mid sized ducs - I'd pass... :censored:
Agree, I'm hoping it would be based on the big boy Panigale, not the junior...:)

Reactions: crhussong

·
Registered
2,226 Posts
You're putting a damper on an old man's dream Mike...

• Sad
Reactions: flynbulldog

·
Registered
299 Posts
It would make no sense for them to build an SF out of the big Vtwin......thats what the V4 is for. That being said who knows, lol

·
Registered
53 Posts
I've had a Panigale V2 on loan for a long weekend last year, and you can rest assured: it's nothing like the 950-powered Duc's. It has way more power (about 155 HP if I'm not mistaken), which is more then plenty for me on the public road.

It would make no sense for them to build an SF out of the big Vtwin......thats what the V4 is for. That being said who knows, lol
Domenicali had said in an interview that a V2 Streetfighter would be a very logical step for them to take. They have all the parts to make it into a great bike and the market for super- and hyper nakeds is red hot right now.

I think there more chance of a new Streetfighter V2 then there is of a new 1200/1260 Monster.

·
Bon Vivant
11,821 Posts
I've had a Panigale V2 on loan for a long weekend last year, and you can rest assured: it's nothing like the 950-powered Duc's. It has way more power (about 155 HP if I'm not mistaken), which is more then plenty for me on the public road.
power isn't the issue with the 950. I just don't like the character or the vibration. Others may like it just fine but its not for me. Now, I absolutely love the feeling of the 1098 and 848 engine so who knows why the 950 strikes me wrong. I haven't ridden the 959 so I cant comment on that engine.

But keeping power concerns aside, the V4 in the current SF is one of the best engines I've ever experienced, I absolutely love it . I would bet that the V4 is easier and more enjoyable to ride than any twin. ...Maybe the V2 will be more punchy than the V4? In that case the V2 will be the more aggressive choice that some folks crave.
Ha! - the 200hp V4 for calm rides and a 150hp Vtwin for hooligan riders! What do you think? 😜

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #72 ·
Are you sure that's not the SF SP?
based on the title of the announcement; "There's a new fighter in town," I am assuming this is the V2. There is also an article floating around the interwebs saying the V2 proto was spotted in Italy driving around......the picture in the article was quite bad, but it makes sense to me the V2 would be announced as the "New" fighter over an SP version.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #74 ·
Agree, I'm hoping it would be based on the big boy Panigale, not the junior...:)
yup. an 1199 SF would be great, or a renewed 1098 version. but the HP of the current V2 engine is about the same as the older 1098 engine, so maybe it will be just fine. who knows.....

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #75 ·

Domenicali had said in an interview that a V2 Streetfighter would be a very logical step for them to take. They have all the parts to make it into a great bike and the market for super- and hyper nakeds is red hot right now.

I think there more chance of a new Streetfighter V2 then there is of a new 1200/1260 Monster.
makes no sense to use the 950. would use the current V2 engine (955cc) otherwise known as the 959 in the former pani model. either way, i am really excited to see what it looks like.

·
Bon Vivant
11,821 Posts
I gotta believe that the superquadro makes more sense than using the 950 in yet another bike - it's already in the monster, the hyper, and the SS. But the over square SQ engines aren't that punchy. Methinks it will be a bit underwhelming...

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
yup. an 1199 SF would be great, or a renewed 1098 version. but the HP of the current V2 engine is about the same as the older 1098 engine, so maybe it will be just fine. who knows.....
Casted my vote for a 1299 tuned for more bottom when they announced a new SF but they didn't listen to me :rolleyes:

959 have hp but miss torque and like to rev. Similar character to the v4 and not ideal for a naked imo.

·
Registered
299 Posts
I gotta believe that the superquadro makes more sense than using the 950 in yet another bike - it's already in the monster, the hyper, and the SS. But the over square SQ engines aren't that punchy. Methinks it will be a bit underwhelming...
I have to agree and having owned a 950 Hyper that motor is fun but its not a 1098 or even a motor that would feel right in an SF configuration. We will see I guess....

61 - 78 of 78 Posts