Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1281 - 1300 of 1331 Posts

·
Registered
'06 S2R 1100 Custom, '12 SF 1040
837 Posts

this was so low effort that it’s kind of laughable. Didn’t let the release agent dry enough so it mixed with the epoxy, meaning a lot of sanding, polishing, a good clear coat, and more polishing. Letting it fully cure to the shape of the headlight right now.

it’ll definitely help with visibility at night though 👌🏼🤓

and it’s only one layer of carbon fiber, was going for lightness as well as the hope that the headlight beam will poke through the small voids where the weave spread.

love this bike, but somewhere along the way, I shifted from riding to obsessively building, and I miss riding so damn much.

getting a CAN error, probably because I chopped the tc and dda, shorted the immobilizer circuit in hopes that that code would disappear, and shorted the clutch circuit because my master doesn’t have a switch anymore.

can never do one thing at a time 😵‍💫

·
Registered
236 Posts
Was it easier to make the belly pan out of sheet metal, or was carbon fiber not an option. You could use the belly pan as a plug.

idk, my first thought is always weight reduction
The belly pan was made out of aluminium, we didn’t have the expertise to fabricate using carbon fibre. Would love to reduce the weight a bit further, the bike is already pretty light tho :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
837 Posts
The belly pan was made out of aluminium, we didn’t have the expertise to fabricate using carbon fibre. Would love to reduce the weight a bit further, the bike is already pretty light tho :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
How much do you think it weighs?

I have a pipe dream to get mine down to 325 wet(Alu subframe, titanium structural bolts, aluminum bolts where stress isn’t a factor, light wheels, axle, steering stem, rotors, calipers, carbon everywhere) but that’s an obsession that has become literally unhealthy

·
Registered
06 999R RAD02, 06 999R
654 Posts
How much do you think it weighs?

I have a pipe dream to get mine down to 325 wet(Alu subframe, titanium structural bolts, aluminum bolts where stress isn’t a factor, light wheels, axle, steering stem, rotors, calipers, carbon everywhere) but that’s an obsession that has become literally unhealthy
I blame you for me investing heavily in titanium! 😅 Been asking myself all day if I have gone too far after swapping out the aluminium screws for the mirrors with titanium when they can't even be seen. 😂

·
Registered
837 Posts
I blame you for me investing heavily in titanium! 😅 Been asking myself all day if I have gone too far after swapping out the aluminium screws for the mirrors with titanium when they can't even be seen. 😂
If you get those cheap aluminum fairing screw kits, they come with the worst quality aluminum you’ll find, but they’re lighter than titanium, so I save the titanium for structural stuff.

for example, front and rear fender screws are a few grams lighter. I also used them to bolt together the individual pieces of my one piece subframe and just left them since they’re so light.

but they snap easily, found that the hard way.

oh and here’s a pic to keep the thread on topic

·
Registered
837 Posts
Oil lines for the panigale oil cooler(notice the JB weld where they all break) Putting the battery(gotta make a mount), regulator, and starter solenoid back on the left but am leaving the belly pan off unless any type of rules specify it’s needed. It’s all reinforced, so it’s heavier than I’d like. Now to place the ecu somewhere. My old plan sucked so I switched to a stock harness but was getting a can 38.0 code(and a low battery code even though it was charged, and an immobilizer code, probably cause I chopped that out too 😳)probably because I chopped off the tc module and associated wiring. So starting from scratch on the wiring and building a 1098 with a stock harness.

Anybody know what exactly goes on in those units? If I knew what was in there before dissecting one and trying to make a bypass circuit, it would save me from buying a new one if I mess up.

canbus communication is weird

1281 - 1300 of 1331 Posts