Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
900 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
After readiing the Motorcyclist write up, I am sold. Who can say no to a bike like this? Seems like the perfect street bike to me. I've always been a race rep fan, but there is very little place to really use it and it gets old riding through town in full tuck. Now, when this economy turns I'm gonna pass on the CBR1000 or R1 plans I had and trade both bikes on one of these.
Also: any idea on what fuel capacity will be?

·
Registered
102 Posts
After readiing the Motorcyclist write up, I am sold. Who can say no to a bike like this? Seems like the perfect street bike to me. I've always been a race rep fan, but there is very little place to really use it and it gets old riding through town in full tuck. Now, when this economy turns I'm gonna pass on the CBR1000 or R1 plans I had and trade both bikes on one of these.
Also: any idea on what fuel capacity will be?
Hi, can you post a link for that review?? i looked over on google but I cant find it...

TIA
George

·
IHMC Est. 2010
2,017 Posts
I finally got the Cycle World June issue yesterday. It's a pretty great write up.
Got the brochure, and a couple of posters (for my classroom, heh heh) from my dealer yesterday as well. Just can't stand waiting for the bike. Just over a week...I hope it's not any longer.

·
Premium Member
2012 Matte Black SFS
426 Posts
I finally got the Cycle World June issue yesterday. It's a pretty great write up.
Got the brochure, and a couple of posters (for my classroom, heh heh) from my dealer yesterday as well. Just can't stand waiting for the bike. Just over a week...I hope it's not any longer.
Yup...i was the first to get my brochure and poster! Woohoo!

·
Registered
900 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hi, can you post a link for that review?? i looked over on google but I cant find it...

TIA
George
The latest edition is not on their web site yet. It was pretty in-depth, and it did have the fuel capacity there along with tons of useful info.
The clincher for my purposes was the last statement about the Superbike being mostly for "track fiends" of which I am unhappily not. I have been thinking of ditching both my bikes for a Jap liter bike, probably a Honda, but struggled with the track bias of this class. For the same money as an ABS equipped CBR, I can get the Streetfighter standard and have the best of all worlds.
Now that the bike is finally decided on, the economy kinda keeps me from spending the money to make up the difference on a trade in of both my bikes for now. I am furiously selling everything I can on eBay and raiding the piggy bank for cash. Can't wait to see one.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts