Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,328 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Starting a new thread in the hope that soon the accessories will be available and can be shown here....
Here is a site supposedly describing some new bits but it is in Italian English (hilarious but confusing:confused:)
http://www.motomodif.com/latest/ducati-streetfighter.html
An excerpt below....
Ladies and gentlemen, here's to you the Ducati Streetfighter R. Most valuable and exclusive sisters Streetfighter and Streetfighter S, is notable for its superstructure in carbon, including mirrors and fenders) and the aggressive exhaust Termignoni 'Track'. Handlebars, screws and wheels are magnesium. The frame is painted with a similar hue, while the stems fork earn a shiny black stain.

Anyone else find more info??

·
Premium Member
2012 Matte Black SFS
384 Posts
I can't see the photo at work. Any way you could post it here? I would love to see a photo of a supposed 'R' model...! Thanks for the link!

·
Registered
1,328 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Guys, I could not get the image to load either but posted in the hope that someone else could...damn computers..(if my car worked as well as my computer you know what I would do with it? [email protected]#!)

Lets hope there are some images soon. They also mentioned carbon stuff etc so I am hanging out to see it.

·
Registered
1,328 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Here are the carbon cans for the Streetfighter.
Price is ..OUCH!

http://cgi.ebay.it/DUCATI-Termignoni-Carbon-Auspuff-Anlage-STREETFIGHTER-S_W0QQitemZ390036624469QQcmdZViewItemQQptZMotorrad_Kraftradteile?hash=item390036624469&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=72:758|66:2|65:12|39:1|240:1318

Have to cut and paste this address into your browser...

·
Premium Member
3,178 Posts
That's including 19% tax and the small print reads that they will be available May 2009 so you can preorder them. Your local Ducati dealer can supply you with the same parts, they all just received the Ducati Performance Streefighter parts update.

·
Registered
1,328 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
As can be seen from the ebay ad it at least comes with an ECU and filter but this is still ridiculous. Just how many people will feel the need to get a few more hp out of a bike like this is very questionable. At 155 hp I will be more interested in a nice sound than another 4.25 hp or whatever it is, and I will not be paying that price just for sound when there are many other options. I mean at this price it is already making me think of making something myself. Problem is the mixture will probably be unalterable even with a power commander, without the DP ECU. They better be careful because this bike is already a stretch for many in this economic climate.
Maybe the seller is trying to make a killing on the first few items because it is so new..... Now here is a thought....why don't we get together and organize a group buy of accessories when the time comes. Maybe we can negotiate better prices if we had say 10 items to order???

·
Premium Member
3,178 Posts
Short answer- many.:) Every Pony counts:D:D

It's $ 2600 for a full system with ECU & filter, the normal price for any Ducati full system. They will sell and probably very soon other exhaust manufacturer will follow with other versions. If you just want sound then just wait for somebody do offer some slipons, they should run you apx. 60% less.

I am way pass the even considering making something, always ends up more expensive and there is more to it then just welding some pipes together.

There are lot's of vendors on here that offer DP parts, see what price they give you but as I have learned in the past, demand is mostly higher then what they can delivery as it has been so every time a new bike was released.

·
Bon Vivant
10,785 Posts
As a Vender Shift tech, it stands to reason that you'd have a different view than the consumer.

I'm with Ducnut, the price is out of whack and with the economy the way it is I cannot go crazy like I have on previous bikes.
I still plan on buying a streetfighter but you can bank on the fact that I will be buying less bling, exhausts, etc. for it.

My 1098 is loaded with parts from Shift Tech and I love it but I just don't see that happening with the SF... I'm sure everybody is in a little different situation
but I'm feeling the economic pressure.

·
Premium Member
2,655 Posts
Ducati is a premium brand and so stuff tends to be on the pricey end of the spectrum. If you don't like it, don't buy it but Ducati has no need to lower the prices of its accessories. I think a lot of people spent a lot more than they should have in the past based on their wealth and now the economy downturn is starting to right size the spending habits of many to be more in line with their personal balance sheet. Just my $0.02

·
Registered
215 Posts
As can be seen from the ebay ad it at least comes with an ECU and filter but this is still ridiculous. Just how many people will feel the need to get a few more hp out of a bike like this is very questionable. At 155 hp I will be more interested in a nice sound than another 4.25 hp or whatever it is, and I will not be paying that price just for sound when there are many other options. I mean at this price it is already making me think of making something myself. Problem is the mixture will probably be unalterable even with a power commander, without the DP ECU. They better be careful because this bike is already a stretch for many in this economic climate.
Maybe the seller is trying to make a killing on the first few items because it is so new..... Now here is a thought....why don't we get together and organize a group buy of accessories when the time comes. Maybe we can negotiate better prices if we had say 10 items to order???
I'm down for that

·
Premium Member
3,178 Posts
We have plenty of good vendors on there that can supply you with genuine Ducati parts, I am sure one of them would not mind taking care of it.

Is it May yet? I want my bike:D:D:D:D

1 - 16 of 16 Posts