Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone else have this weird one bike attachment to the Streetfighter? I've had a Suzuki SV650S and then a 2013 SF848, and then a 2015 SF848. So I have had the opportunity to try a different bike after I totaled my 2013, but landed back again with a 2015 model. Here I am again at the dreaded 15k service decision point trying to get my leg around liking a different bike, but nothing has stolen my heart with the exception of the SFV4, and the Hypermotard RVE (which has less hp/slightly higher torque, but probably nothing reflash couldn't fix). Has anyone overcome this SF addiction and been able to move on from the SF attachment? The struggle is real!

·
Registered
933 Posts
75k! Wow! We need a long term report from you.
75k of fun :cool:

2010 SF-S bought new in 2011. Hard break-in (rev limiter in it's first hour of operation), rotella t6 all it's life, second clutch third brake pad sets, 5th straps sets, still going strong doesn't consume any oil. Needed a towing two times, one for a wire of the loom rubbing bare and burned fuses, one for the hose in the tank popping off (both happened in the last 5k)

At first valve check that I extended a bit to 12k miles (7.5k normally on 1098) I got MBP collets installed, I have touched the valve shims once since. Clearances are very stable with those.

Some kid texting rear ended me at a stop light that resulted in a change from akrapovic slip ons to Austin racing pipe, and I trashed a front wheel in a pot hole once, got the wheel repaired. Got a free dash from ducati when mine was stuck at 99999km.

Nothing else to declare.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
75k of fun :cool:

2010 SF-S bought new in 2011. Hard break-in (rev limiter in it's first hour of operation), rotella t6 all it's life, second clutch third brake pad sets, 5th straps sets, still going strong doesn't consume any oil. Needed a towing two times, one for a wire of the loom rubbing bare and burned fuses, one for the hose in the tank popping off (both happened in the last 5k)

At first valve check that I extended a bit to 12k miles (7.5k normally on 1098) I got MBP collets installed, I have touched the valve shims once since. Clearances are very stable with those.

Some kid texting rear ended me at a stop light that resulted in a change from akrapovic slip ons to Austin racing pipe, and I trashed a front wheel in a pot hole once, got the wheel repaired. Got a free dash from ducati when mine was stuck at 99999km.

Nothing else to declare.
For 75k that sounds like a gift. How diligent were you with belts?

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Ah missed that part! You've made it that much harder to get a different bike.

·
Bon Vivant
10,961 Posts
I absolutely love mine but its a kind of sick addiction that really makes no rational sense, There are bikes that are much better - deliver as much rush and far better capabilities and even look great too... but I cant shake the addiction. I dont ride it much these days but I rode it with the guys last week on our regular Sunday jag; it was harsh, stinky, difficult, and it pushed me to ride fast. And I rode it faster than I ever do on the other bikes, I cant tell you why.

When I got home I drained the gas, I wont be riding it again until next spring, hell I may never ride it again, I dont know... My other bikes are better but the SFS is something very unique and special. I kinda wish I could sell it but I cant, its worth way more to me just sitting in my man-cave than it is on the market. The Streetfighter finds its way into your soul and it stays there.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I absolutely love mine but its a kind of sick addiction that really makes no rational sense, There are bikes that are much better - deliver as much rush and far better capabilities and even look great too... but I cant shake the addiction. I dont ride it much these days but I rode it with the guys last week on our regular Sunday jag; it was harsh, stinky, difficult, and it pushed me to ride fast. And I rode it faster than I ever do on the other bikes, I cant tell you why.

When I got home I drained the gas, I wont be riding it again until next spring, hell I may never ride it again, I dont know... My other bikes are better but the SFS is something very unique and special. I kinda wish I could sell it but I cant, its worth way more to me just sitting in my man-cave than it is on the market. The Streetfighter finds its way into your soul and it stays there. View attachment 995262
100% agree... There are definitely tried and tested bikes that are better. The first thing I notice when I ride other bikes is that I don't have to wrestle with it. I'm not sure if anyone else feels that way but you really need to know how to ride to get the most out of the SF. There is little margin of error.

·
Bon Vivant
10,961 Posts
100% agree... There are definitely tried and tested bikes that are better. The first thing I notice when I ride other bikes is that I don't have to wrestle with it. I'm not sure if anyone else feels that way but you really need to know how to ride to get the most out of the SF. There is little margin of error.
yes it feels that way to me too. But when you do get it right you feel kinda bad-ass.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts