Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi there

Looking at getting the Streetfighter S but don't wan't to end up doing what I did when the Brutale 910R came out, immediately after I brought one they came out with the 1078....etc....although the 910R was great..IMO.

Now I know modern technology and new models will always be on the horizon but does anyone know of the S being upgraded or a different model coming out in 2013??

While I am not too fazed and I love the 2012 model perhaps the 2013 may come out with a few differences.

Any thoughts??

·
Registered
38 Posts
I doubt they will release a different spec SFS for 2013.

Just go with the 2012 SFS it's a great bike.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I doubt they will release a different spec SFS for 2013.

Just go with the 2012 SFS it's a great bike.
Yeah thats what I am thinking, I don't think there is too much more they can do to this bike.

Maybe only the yearly colour change as most bike/car companies do...

Perhaps around Christmas time they will offer the full Termi system at no extra cost.......yeah right....

·
Registered
3,057 Posts
Get one a couple of years old with low k's. Win/win.

·
Registered
3,838 Posts
I have the feeling they will have soo many 1198 sbk engins left that it wouldn't surprise me the list if they did come out with a 1198 engine run.
$.02!

·
Registered
79 Posts
Well nothing has really happened to the streetfighter since it came in 2009, so something should happen soon, there were roumours about an 1198 SF for this year with new brakes and that sort of thing which would have been the natural thing, but nothing happened so i wouldnt be surprised if there was a brand new panigale streetfighter for 2013...

·
Registered
225 Posts
Cant see them changing it much as they have just released the SF848 which is pretty much the same except a few minor dif. So if they change the 1098 they would have to do the same with this. also the panigale has just been released so Ducati wont want to take the focus from that for at least year or so. I might be wrong but I doubt the bikes going to change till at least 2014 when they'll probably put a 1198 engine in

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well nothing has really happened to the streetfighter since it came in 2009, so something should happen soon, there were roumours about an 1198 SF for this year with new brakes and that sort of thing which would have been the natural thing, but nothing happened so i wouldnt be surprised if there was a brand new panigale streetfighter for 2013...
Imagine the price of that...:eek:....but then again imagine the power...:cool:

·
Registered
3,057 Posts
Been looking at a few actually, some around with real low K's, for around the 25K range...good idea.
I got an S with a few things sorted for $26k. Great bike.
Let someone else take the depreciation hit.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I got an S with a few things sorted for $26k. Great bike.
Let someone else take the depreciation hit.
Yeah agree, I am owed one, my Brutale was worth about 37k to me when I had finised with it, mint condition and sold it with 5400k on the clock for 15k...go figure...

My Harley Nightrain is worth about 42k and I aint selling that for 30k....not that I would sell it!!

Doesn't matter how much you do to your bike you never get it back..

Thats why when I buy the SFS I want to make sure I get the latest, or one with the fruit, because I will be going to my grave with it!!

·
Registered
2,285 Posts
Does anyone know how Shiftech made the 1198 SFS? Straight engine swap or upgraded cylinder, pistons etc.....

Sent from my Motorcycle iPhone app

·
Bon Vivant
10,917 Posts
I think it's time for an update to the SF. With the 1199 superbike and the 1198 out of the picture as the flagship Ducati it is very possible that an 1198 SF could be on the horizon.

If they do an F1198 S with some better components, EBC, quick shift, and a trick Corse or tricolore paint scheme I would very tempted.

I hope they don't do a lame-ass down-scale EVO like they've done with the monster, 848, and hyper but that does seem to be a trend.

An EVO might look like - 1198 engine (maybe even the 11 degree), showa or marzooks forks, sachs shock, shitty evo brakes with ABS, and
a lame been there done that lemming off the cliff flat-black paint job.
In that case I'll gladly hold on to my current SF.

I'm pretty confident that they will do one or the other for 2013. The bike has run it's sales course and an update and some new excitement is needed.

·
Registered
614 Posts
I think it's time for an update to the SF. With the 1199 superbike and the 1198 out of the picture as the flagship Ducati it is very possible that an 1198 SF could be on the horizon.

If they do an F1198 S with some better components, EBC, quick shift, and a trick Corse or tricolore paint scheme I would very tempted.

I hope they don't do a lame-ass down-scale EVO like they've done with the monster, 848, and hyper but that does seem to be a trend.

An EVO might look like - 1198 engine (maybe even the 11 degree), showa or marzooks forks, sachs shock, shitty evo brakes with ABS, and a lame been there done that lemming off the cliff flat-black paint job.

I'm pretty confident that they will do one or the other for 2013. The bike has run it's sales course and an update and some new excitement is needed.
I think you are right - I think they will change sf and sfs in 2013 to 1198 and bring few additional updates. And yes the EVP is possibility

·
Registered
614 Posts

An EVO might look like - 1198 engine (maybe even the 11 degree), showa or marzooks forks, sachs shock, shitty evo brakes with ABS, and a lame been there done that lemming off the cliff flat-black paint job.

I think you are right - I think they will change sf and sfs in 2013 to 1198 and bring few additional updates. And yes the EVO is a possibility

·
Premium Member
1,287 Posts
^^^ Yep, I have to agree. I'd be really surprised if Ducati doesn't do an 1198 SFS for 2013. The question is whether it'll be the 11 degree motor with a wet clutch or the SBK motor with the dry clutch. Either way, I'm hanging on to mine.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #18

An EVO might look like - 1198 engine (maybe even the 11 degree), showa or marzooks forks, sachs shock, shitty evo brakes with ABS, and
a lame been there done that lemming off the cliff flat-black paint job.

Excellent post and hence why I raised the question, definitely agree that there is a strong chance of a new model.

It will be interesting over the coming months if rumors start to circulate as the 2013 model bikes are usually released Oct/Nov. Or at least there is an indication of new models that will be released for the Christmas period!

·
Premium Member
2,097 Posts
I'd like to see them keep it the same for one more year, and then make the jump to uber slick Panigale version with all the bells and whistles. It seems like it would make the current run '09-'13 more desirable and special in the big picture, and it would keep the book values up. Its always great to have updates, but I think its going to show, (and is already showing) that new Tuono is not in the same league as SF, and yes the Brutale' is close in many ways... but even in its current form the SF doesn't really have any competition.

A seamless qs and 10 more hp would be fantastic, but still I just wouldn't trade in. I've got too much time, money, emotion tied up in this one. And there just isnt a bike available that I consider a step up. And there is nothing slated to come out for a year or two either. I'm happy.

1 - 20 of 52 Posts