Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
2012 Matte Black SFS
434 Posts
Thanks for the link! There are a lot of us that will be interested in may of the mods he is doing...includding the right footpeg/exhaust heatshield issue, and the exhaust itself...!

·
Registered
169 Posts
Mmmm,interesting,they must be spending a lot of dosh on that puppy !!:eek:

155bhp is more than enough for my limited road riding skills.:(

·
Registered
3,261 Posts
Mmmm,interesting,they must be spending a lot of dosh on that puppy !!:eek:

155bhp is more than enough for my limited road riding skills.:(
He spent 10k just on titanium fasteners! I'm looking forward to seeing more of this. From reading his posts, I think they had a hand in the bikes in the transformer movie due out this year
Chris

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
I do enjoy watching other people throw truckloads of money at something.... sometimes it turns out well but often not. It is always interesting though!
Please keep us up to date. I love fantasies!

·
Registered
169 Posts
He spent 10k just on titanium fasteners! I'm looking forward to seeing more of this. From reading his posts, I think they had a hand in the bikes in the transformer movie due out this year
Chris

He must have a 0% Virgin Credit Card with a VERY high limit....:sleep:
And if NASA can spend $30k on a hammer,so what.....

·
Registered
395 Posts
I wish with all that money and ingenuity they’d figure out how to bring the exhaust pipes under the seat.
That is the only problem I have with SF design.

·
The Engineer (Tell your mom hey)
1,642 Posts
I actually like the side exhausts.. but I don't know why they didn't stick with a single exhaust can. I guess two can do the 'emissions' work better than one. but if I can I will put a single short side exhaust and I will also (with everybody else I'm sure) keep my eyes open for a good alternative for the heat shield.

·
IHMC Est. 2010
2,017 Posts
A speedcell type battery is quite heat resistant and could easily be relocated to make an under seat exhaust quite possible.

·
1,642 Posts
the battery isn't the only thing under the seat, the dynamic traction control unit is also under the seat. Relocating THAT will be the trick ,, the battery shouldn't be so difficult.

as a side note I still don't think the under seat exhaust looks any better. why not aim for something like the Quat-D box exhaust? that would look so much better. there also may be enough clearance under the bike to do it.

·
Registered
262 Posts
Thanks for the link! There are a lot of us that will be interested in may of the mods he is doing...includding the right footpeg/exhaust heatshield issue, and the exhaust itself...!
I'm getting the Termi exhaust and wrapping the pipes. No need for the head shield then...

·
1,642 Posts
I'm getting the Termi exhaust and wrapping the pipes. No need for the head shield then...
Please post pictures of this when you get it done.. what color wrap?

·
Registered
262 Posts
White but get them dirty immediately. I'm getting the wheels, handlebars, rear sets (although this will fade so I'll get blk sets), gas cap all powder coated black as well. Chopping the tail, bar ends, and adding rear CFiber fender, lowering the reservoirs and putting on Rizoma black metal ones. Lots of changes...

All my parts have been ordered so I'm just waiting for the bike to come in. Will post pics ASAP.

·
1,642 Posts
I've got pazzo levers, rizoma brake and clutch fluid tanks, front rear and frame sliders, oberon mirrors, rizoma grips waiting for mine. I will get the clutch stuff later and at least slip-ons but maybe full system pipes after I save up more money and see who else makes something for the SFS.

·
IHMC Est. 2010
2,017 Posts
Kinda witshed Will posted here instead of a monster forum. Would be interesting to be a bit more in the loop as to what his mods are going to be. I keep checking back to see the updates. I guess it is going to be a bit of a scramble to have the bike ready for Laguna Seca.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts