Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can someone please clarify the major differences between a street bike as opposed to a track bike. I have a general conception, but I'm not confident is is accurate. (I assume set-up, suspension, brakes, exhaust,etc.)

I am looking to buy a 749, and have had several people offer "track" bikes, just want to be clear what I am looking at, and what this means.

Thanks!!!

·
Registered
58 Posts
"Track bike" is often used to describe a bike thati is currently not street legal i.e. the lights have been removed, maybe there is track bodywork with no provision for lights. Maybe the proper documentation is not available to register it.

·
Registered
28 Posts
+1

In its simplest form, a track bike is a street bike with its lights removed but there's no limit to the modifications you can do in order to improve it's track worthiness with regards to weight reduction, improvements to suspension components, engine tuning, chassis modifications, upgrading the brake systems etc. etc.
"Track bike" is often used to describe a bike thati is currently not street legal i.e. the lights have been removed, maybe there is track bodywork with no provision for lights. Maybe the proper documentation is not available to register it.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks

I'm clear. I will be responding only to those that are street bikes.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts