Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,813 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got some strange things going on here. Check it ...

In June I bought a new black Sport1000S biposto and a couple of weeks ago a Paul Smart.

The black one got about 4000km's right now.
The PS got 2500km's.

The first time a rode the PS I was surprised by ghow well it pulls in all gears and all revs.
In comparison to the black Sport 1000S it is much more responsive on the throttle and pulls like a train without giving in on the top end.

So I thought the previous owner changed the front sprocket to a 14 and maybe went bigger on the rear one.
To my surprise it is still the stock one in the front and its a smaller one, 38 instead of 39, in the back.

Normally with such an alteration, the bike should give in on the acceleration and throttle response but have a higher top end. But no such thing ...

My dealer states that the only possible explanation might be that every bike, every engine, although the same, is different.
He claims for example that a difference of 5HP between identical engines is common.

Koen.

·
Registered
635 Posts
Are they both stock exhausts? Stock intake on the air box? I've noticed a big difference between my girlfriends engine and mine with those changes but I think the biggest change was literally from the Mech remapping and changing from stock settings.

LOL I lost gas mileage in the process too!! Bought them used? I would guess one has been adjusted nicely.

·
Registered
1,813 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Are they both stock exhausts? Stock intake on the air box? I've noticed a big difference between my girlfriends engine and mine with those changes but I think the biggest change was literally from the Mech remapping and changing from stock settings.

LOL I lost gas mileage in the process too!! Bought them used? I would guess one has been adjusted nicely.
The PS has the double Termi's on the right side
the Sport 1000S has the double Termi's

both have the Ecu and stock intake

no engine mods.

the PS was bought used with 2300km's
the other one I bought new

·
Registered
737 Posts
Yeah, don't sweat it... Got the same thing with my GT and 1000S. Both with Termi's...my GT has a 14T and my 1000S stock. In comparison the 1000S pulls harder and smoother. Makes no sense to me... this was prior to the Beast stacks...now the diff is greater again.

·
Registered
1,813 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
pic :

Attachments

·
Registered
1,813 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah, don't sweat it... Got the same thing with my GT and 1000S. Both with Termi's...my GT has a 14T and my 1000S stock. In comparison the 1000S pulls harder and smoother. Makes no sense to me... this was prior to the Beast stacks...now the diff is greater again.
do those make such a big diff ?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts