Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

Do they still make wheels like this? Like the gold wheels on the black bike in front. Simple, straight spokes.

It seems that all modern wheels are have swept, branching or generally more complicated spokes. Looks great on modern bikes, but when mounted to the Sport Classics ... my lust wanes.

This is the only flavor of alloy wheels I'd consider looks-wise on the SC line. And I do want the alloy-wheel-handling on my still unpurchased Sport 1000 (long term plan :)). So, anyone know a mfr. that makes this style?

·
Registered
1,677 Posts
Carrozzeria make some similar wheels. They may be slightly more modern looking, but they are definitely the straight spoke look, very similar.

http://www.forged-wheel.com/V7R.htm

not sure they would fit the SC, though.

this photo of a monster on the Carozzeria site shows a pair of wheels similar to your pix above, but can't find the product on their site... you should give them a call.

http://www.forged-wheel.com/bikes/DUCGallery8.jpg

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks! Those monster wheels are Exactly It. Great to know where to look.

·
Registered
2,427 Posts
i fitted the grey 5 spoke brembo/marchesini from monster s4 on mine - had thought about painting the gold , might look neat ???

·
Registered
1,677 Posts
Hi,

This is the only flavor of alloy wheels I'd consider looks-wise on the SC line. And I do want the alloy-wheel-handling on my still unpurchased Sport 1000 (long term plan :)). So, anyone know a mfr. that makes this style?
out of curiosity, have you seen other SCs in Iceland? I bet it must be awesome to ride in the summer there... (not so much in the winter though... :D)

I've ben meaning to visit for a while as I have quite a few friends over there... but haven't gotten around to it. soon I hope.

cheers,
D.

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
out of curiosity, have you seen other SCs in Iceland? I bet it must be awesome to ride in the summer there... (not so much in the winter though... :D)

I've ben meaning to visit for a while as I have quite a few friends over there... but haven't gotten around to it. soon I hope.

cheers,
D.
- One yellow Sport 1000, very subtly and tastefully modified, an absolutely gorgeous bike
- One very nice two-tone GT

Most of the rest of the bikes here are "squid bikes" and Harleys. Surprisingly few offroad touring bikes (BMW GS and the like), despite the country being almost PERFECT for semi-offroad-touring. Very densely packed variety in the landscape and surroundings, mild weather in the summer, and 24 hours of daylight for around two months! Ride around, get off the asphalt, see a hot spring in the distance, take the bike to it and skinny-dip in the middle of nowhere. Amazing.

But no, the locals like Harleys. :D

·
Registered
1,677 Posts
I would imagine you can tour the Island (or is it two islands now?) in a couple of days, no? could be a fun thing to organize. is there are place where you can rent GSs?

- One yellow Sport 1000, very subtly and tastefully modified, an absolutely gorgeous bike
- One very nice two-tone GT

Most of the rest of the bikes here are "squid bikes" and Harleys. Surprisingly few offroad touring bikes (BMW GS and the like), despite the country being almost PERFECT for semi-offroad-touring. Very densely packed variety in the landscape and surroundings, mild weather in the summer, and 24 hours of daylight for around two months! Ride around, get off the asphalt, see a hot spring in the distance, take the bike to it and skinny-dip in the middle of nowhere. Amazing.

But no, the locals like Harleys. :D

·
Registered
188 Posts
i fitted the grey 5 spoke brembo/marchesini from monster s4 on mine - had thought about painting the gold , might look neat ???
Just fitted those in old-style gold, promise to post proper pics as soon as possible, this is a phone-one:

·
Registered
28 Posts
The original wheels of this type were made by Lester if I'm not mistaken. That might help you in your search.

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks for the tips everyone!

I would imagine you can tour the Island (or is it two islands now?) in a couple of days, no? could be a fun thing to organize. is there are place where you can rent GSs?
That was an interesting thought, re. the GS rental. I hadn't heard of it, but I looked it up and there are at least two shops that rent out GS bikes. Including the "Biking Viking" company :D. There's also someone who calls themselves "Riding Iceland". I have no idea if they're trustworthy, so I'm wary of posting links.

Re. the trip duration - You can do it in a couple of days, but it's more like a week if you want to see the good stuff. We're approx. the size of Kentucky, but more fjordy :) And indeed the fjords are where it's at.

to all - Sorry for the off-topic. DJG, let's take this to the chat forum here, should this conversation progress.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts