Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Coming form a CBR929rr I had a rather large storage area that could hold an extra pair of shoes, a baseball cap and a bottle of water. For times when I needed more than that ala road trip, I had a sweet magnetic tank bag. Unfortunately, as far as magnetic tank bags go, the SFs has a plastic tank so that's out...

So my question is this, has anyone found the complete lack of storage on the SFs to be a problem and how have you planned to resolve it?

TIA...

·
Registered
31 Posts
Yes, I found the complete lack of storage a problem. I bought the small DP tank/map bag used from one of the people on here. It is very small, but will hold a sunglasses case, an extra pair of gloves and the rain liner for my mesh jacket. I was also happy to find this morning that my toll transponder works fine if I put it in the map compartment.

I'm also planning on buying a full-size, strap-on tank bag. I'm looking at a Cortech one and a First Gear one. I was also wondering if anyone else had a tank bag that they thought worked well on this bike?

·
Blame the universe not the tank!
3,233 Posts
i went with the back pack. No matter how careful you think you are, attaching things will eventually leave their mark and since everything is so angular on the bike, I'm thinking the back pack will work best.

·
The Engineer (Tell your mom hey)
1,642 Posts
back pack
there is an accessory tail bag that looked nice; I thought about it for a while but haven't decided I need it enough to justify the purchase.

·
Registered
58 Posts

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
How's that...

I've ordered the Ducati tail bag. Gotta be able to carry a lunch and drink on a road trip.
DP tail bag? It attaches to the passenger seat correct? Could you post your impressions and pictures? Any rubbing on the bodywork?

TIA!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Paper work??

Where is everyone storing your insurance and registration info???? Theres not even enough room for it under the back seat???

·
Registered
52 Posts
Try the Cycleguys.com. I bought a great tail bag from them for $70 with a carbon fiber look. They were out at Moto GP in Laguna, and the guys are great to deal with. Met them at dinner, and then found their booth at the track. It is the same bag as a 1098 or 1198 would use. It is collapsible, and attaches over the stock seat. It will not attach over the painted cover though, as the tolerances are too close. Nice product for the money, and way cheaper than Ducati's tail bag. Can be used as a seat also when nothing is in it, and it's collapsed.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Try the Cycleguys.com. I bought a great tail bag from them for $70 with a carbon fiber look. They were out at Moto GP in Laguna, and the guys are great to deal with. Met them at dinner, and then found their booth at the track. It is the same bag as a 1098 or 1198 would use. It is collapsible, and attaches over the stock seat. It will not attach over the painted cover though, as the tolerances are too close. Nice product for the money, and way cheaper than Ducati's tail bag. Can be used as a seat also when nothing is in it, and it's collapsed.
Could you post a pic of it on your bike empty and full? I am just wondering if it is as big as the one they demo on their youtube vid...

TIA!

·
Registered
52 Posts
Could you post a pic of it on your bike empty and full? I am just wondering if it is as big as the one they demo on their youtube vid...

TIA!
I don't have it on my bike right now, but I measured it, and it expands 6". Sounds dirty, but not intended that way. Hope that helps.

·
Registered
47 Posts
I've ordered the Ducati tail bag. Gotta be able to carry a lunch and drink on a road trip.
Did you get it? If, so, could you post the picture of it on the bike? In catalogue it looks strange... cannot image how it would look on a bike.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Did you get it? If, so, could you post the picture of it on the bike? In catalogue it looks strange... cannot image how it would look on a bike.
If this still hasn't happened when my new CycleGuys tail bag arrives later in the week, I'll post pics of it on the SFS.

·
Registered
102 Posts
I assume you purchased the one specifically for the SF? Yes please post pics!
I purchased "size 5", said to fit the SF. It should arrive later in the week. We'll see how it works and looks.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Yeah they are kind of a universal fit on most newer Ducatis, but it fits great. Just not with the plastic cover like I said earlier.

·
Registered
102 Posts
I purchased "size 5", said to fit the SF. It should arrive later in the week. We'll see how it works and looks.
Here is the Cycle Guys FastPack tail bag, "size 5", installed on my SF S. It is a nice fit, and looks nice compressed. I don't like the fact that you have to completely expand it to unzip the top cover to open it. That may prevent me from using it much:

Attachments

·
Registered
11 Posts
Inlandjandl: It was great to meet you guys at MotoGP, that was a really fun dinner, and a really fun weekend. That was the 19th time I've made the trip to Laguna Seca, but just the first time actually working there, but we had a great time. Thanks a lot for mentioning the product, the new Size 5 FastPack for the Ducati's has been selling very well since we introduced it at Laguna.

Winter: Thanks very much for posting pics. We've got some pics on our Facebook page, but yours look even better. And for what its worth, you can zip the FastPack halfway down if you just want to carry something like a water bottle. I sometimes get a taste for teriyaki chicken on the way home from riding, and the FastPack works great to carry lunch home. Oh, and if you want to carry small stuff, like a cellphone and wallet, FastPack will zip all the way down and your stuff nearly disappears.

The size 5 is not as big as the size 1 that's shown on our YouTube video, as the FastPack is tailored to the passenger seat. The Ducati seat is smaller than the Triumph 675's, and the FastPack is a little smaller to match. Still very useful, tho. Maybe just one six-pack, instead of two.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts