Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I guess i get a little paranoid about stop & go temps. I don't remember them being in the 220 F range but thats what I'm getting lately on a 80 degree day.

What temps are you guys getting in stop & go traffic?

Thanks!

·
Registered
190 Posts
I've also gotten that on warmer days when i'm in traffic but it cools off pretty quickly once i get moving.

From the Peanut Gallery: I recall that's why some cars I've owned had to run synthetic oil - because the higher operating temps (which also help burn more polutants) will break down conventional oil. I assume it's similar in this case. Of course we're talking internal engine temps versus radiator temps but i guess the point is that a higher thermostat temp allows the engine to run hotter.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Stop and Go really runs the temp up. Saw 221 degrees on a very hot day in heavy traffic, it did not boil over or lose any coolant and the temp came right down once I started moving so it must be able to handle it.:eek:

·
Registered
750 Posts
Yup, what everyone else said. Hot days (90+ deg F) and stop 'n go and you hit 220 pretty quick. The fans will kick in and keep it from going much higher. If you see 240+, you've got problems..... :eek:

-SM

·
Registered
49 Posts
In the florida summers here I usually see 177f-186f while moving and 220 - 228f when stopped.

As soon as the fans kick in it gets back down to 215f - 219f pretty quick.

If I kill the engine after it's been idling around 215f it'll shoot straight up to 235f or so in no time.

I also have the altrider guard on.

·
Premium Member
214 Posts
Mine gets up that high even on a cool day if im stuck in enough traffic. My fans kick on at 225 and will keep it cool no problem but i dont really like it. Personally i would like to seee the fans come on at a lower temp than what they do. I wonder if anyone has put in a lower temp switch or a controller?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Oh boy happy with the baby. Never seen the temp gauge more than 120 F. Even in heavy trafic in toronto. So i don't have to worry..:rolleyes: I tought that 120 was hot :D 75 80 90 on the run.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Celsius to Fahrenheit?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts