Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 20 of 287 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I hope it's not true but just come up on twitter,Casey to retire from Moto GP after 2012 season!!

·
Premium Member
887 Posts
I'm all for going out at the top of your game but this is ridiculous. I think he needs a pep talk from Carlos Checa. I'm sure his competitors are smiling though.

·
Registered
2,134 Posts
At least he will retire with 3 championships on his shoulder. I wish he wouldnt though. I think he has potential to earn a couple more trophies but thats his decision and if its what he wants well nobody can stop him.

·
7,733 Posts
Give him a few boring years of life without racing, and he'll be back. ;) Once a person with special talents gets used to that type of life and level of competition, not too many have been able to walk away, on top, and then not return for more later on. OTOH, I don't blame him for feeling that way: a great career (the stuff of legend actually thanks to the "unrideable" Ducati ;)) , lovely family, made multiple millions, so why not quit while you're ahead? Good for him for realising he will never win as many championships as Rossi, so why race for what, 7th all time? ;)

·
Registered
1,470 Posts
There's another thread here on this subject (Stoner=DOUCHE), where I've expressed my disappointment yet understanding of his views.

But speculation about what this means for next year is more fun:

Rossi returns to Honda (or Yamaha) to finish his career

Lorenzo goes to Honda (if Rossi returns to Yamaha)

Hayden to Honda, Pedrosa takes Repsol with him to Yamaha, Spies demoted to Tech3 or returns to WSBK for another championship,this time on a Suzuki.

What fun it is to plan the future ... :D

·
Registered
2,501 Posts
New announcement: Lorenza crowned 2014 World Champion!!!!:D Hell without Stoner Jorge will roll over everyone.

·
Registered
1,960 Posts
At least he will retire with 3 championships on his shoulder. I wish he wouldnt though. I think he has potential to earn a couple more trophies but thats his decision and if its what he wants well nobody can stop him.
He is doing well this year but so far only 2 championships. May be a bit early to crown him for 2012.

·
Registered
2,501 Posts
He is doing well this year but so far only 2 championships. May be a bit early to crown him for 2012.
I think it's a wee bit early, but since this is his last year he will give it full berries all the way!!! I'm still shocked at this news. I knew he would retire earlier than most other riders, but not this early. He is only 26 years old and still in his prime years for racing.

·
Registered
339 Posts
Casey Stoner Announces MotoGP Retirement

Per MC USA

Its those Hondas

·
Registered
2,134 Posts
Probably but Im being a bit optimistic since I like the guy. Also, he does have the potential to pull it off this year. He seems to be wining races fairly easy, I dont see why he wouldnt pull another championship if he was careful. Honestly I like all the riders except for rossi and hayden which I dont care much for since they seem to me like two big posing stars instead of actually getting podiums. Rossi and Hayden on ducati is just a marketing attempt for ducati fashionistas just like the diesel version of the monster... my 2 cts. :p

·
Pulsating L-Twin Member
140 Posts
I am just gutted by this information.

And yes, my attention will no doubt shift (even more) to WSBK next year.

What a total f%#king bummer.

·
Registered
2,501 Posts
I just watched the LeMans press conference. Stoner mentioned he may be racing in the Australian Super V8 series sometime in the future. He is friends with Jamie Whinecup and Craig Lowndes.

·
Registered
314 Posts
is it not just the beginning of the silly season..............and he is up for a new contract........bit of a bargaining tool........

1 - 20 of 287 Posts