Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i know it's a long shot and my baby is probably chopped in a million pieces in the back of some garage in echo park. but anyways, last night my yellow 06 sport class was stolen.first night i ever parked it on the street at my girlfriends. normally it's garaged. just finished mod'ing it out just recently. black excels, all black rizomo parts. termi 2-1's. dp tail chop. watson front signals.

if anyone happens to see some dude who isn't me riding this bike punch him in the face and email me here.

don't know if i have the heart to try and rebuild another SC. if i do maybe i'll get a black 06. if anyone knows a deal. who knows. glad i got the accessories coverage that covers most of my add ons.

i'm going to be selling all the stock stuff on here once i get a chance to take some pictures and figure out prices. but if anyone wants to make an offer i'll be selling:

stock rims
right mirror
front signals
stock exhaust and ecu
stock rear fender
stock right clip on
evapo canister
stock rear sprocket

·
booyakasha!
916 Posts
That's the first I have heard anyone stealing a Sport 1000. (or GT or PS or 1000S)

Doesn't seem like there's a market for the parts and the bike is relatively unique. Easily spotted.

It's either going to the track or overseas. This sucks.

I hope you find the guy. Crossing fingers that you get your bike back.

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
ugh... my worst nightmare...

so sorry to hear, brother.

Where were you parked? (what part of town?)

Randy is right, there is no market for chopped SCs out there. We're pretty much all on here. Also the first time I hear about a stolen SC.

So sorry... this sucks.

·
Registered
724 Posts
Dang Bro! I also have an 06 yellow SC....brrrrrr scary man. Everywhere I park I lock the handlebars and add my disk locks... not sure if it helps... but no one has messed with it yet...

I am really sorry man... I know there are 3 in Florida... I'll keep an eye out if it pops this way

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i had a friend have a totaled monster that was towed to his house stolen over night. they just see ducati and take it. i live in an awful part of town between northern ktown and silverlake. like vermont and melrose area. i hear they pick up the bike with several people and load it in to a van. it was locked and right outside her apt. yeah i've never seen another yellow sport classic in la. seen a bunch of black. and some paul smarts. but obviously this thing sticks out. so no one is going to be putting it on craigslist or they are total morons. odds are it's gone. the real question is what to do with my insurance money. a dark part of me wanted to have a black sc if anyone knows someone selling an 06 let me know.

·
Premium Member
6,048 Posts
I know of a guy that has had 3 bikes stolen form his apartment underground parking insdie of 1 year. He finally garages his bike in a friends garage now.
If the bike is not chained down these Scum bags will steal it.
Lo Jack is sounding real good to me now. :think:

I don't know how much the insurance gave you but
Poor economy and winter coming it's a buyers paradise.
There is a black SC at proItalia for sale now.

I'm sure you will find something equally or better for a great price

Good luck
JC
i had a friend have a totaled monster that was towed to his house stolen over night. they just see ducati and take it. i live in an awful part of town between northern ktown and silverlake. like vermont and melrose area. i hear they pick up the bike with several people and load it in to a van. it was locked and right outside her apt. yeah i've never seen another yellow sport classic in la. seen a bunch of black. and some paul smarts. but obviously this thing sticks out. so no one is going to be putting it on craigslist or they are total morons. odds are it's gone. the real question is what to do with my insurance money. a dark part of me wanted to have a black sc if anyone knows someone selling an 06 let me know.

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
that's really heartbreaking. Plus you got to figure all the mods you did probably won't be worth anything to your insurance Co. I'm sure you have, but if you haven't yet, file a police report asap. you never know.

true what JC says, though. Even at my house, mine is chained and locked in the parking...

you should most definitely buy a new one...

Edit: or maybe buy another yellow. this guy here has an impressive collection he is looking to unload... (06 yellow included)
http://losangeles.craigslist.org/lac/mcy/1436405404.html

·
Premium Member
1,625 Posts
totally sux.

last year there was a rash of ducs swiped from garages/homes around the seattle area - def stakeouts, and they got some real nice bikes. scared the crap out of me because many were taken from locked residential garages. these bastards followed folks and saw where the bikes lived, staked out the house and on went in on a rainy weekday and took their time heisting bikes.

hate those a$$holes - lojack + a crowbar is sounding very good to me right now...

:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

·
Registered
846 Posts
my 748 was stolen and wrecked, broke my heart. i feel for ya brother.

one point of interest though - the market is HEAVILY depreciated. ive been trying to sell my 749 and WISH someone would steal it (it's worth $3k more in the NADA than the current street value).

see this one:
http://www.ducati.ms/forums/showthread.php?t=74999

i know it sucks to lose all that hard work, but this might be quite the opportunity, especially given that all of your mods were insured.

get new termis, but put the extra $$ into alpinas and suspension. in the end, you might just come out on top. and of course, if ya do, i recommend one of those gps tracking units....

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
surprisingly progressive has this accessories coverage, that covers up to 3k of add ons. and the claims girl said they pay actual cost, not depreciated or used price for your accessories. which is kinda rad.

as for the theft it was the first day i ever left the bike over night there and i rarely ride it to her house period cause it's a one seater. so either they live on the street or just cruise for bikes. hopefully i can at least be a cautionary tale.

·
Registered
51 Posts
surprisingly progressive has this accessories coverage, that covers up to 3k of add ons. and the claims girl said they pay actual cost, not depreciated or used price for your accessories. which is kinda rad.

as for the theft it was the first day i ever left the bike over night there and i rarely ride it to her house period cause it's a one seater. so either they live on the street or just cruise for bikes. hopefully i can at least be a cautionary tale.
You're takin' it like a champ! You should be more angry in my opinion, but that's awesome that you can keep cool about the theft of your prized possession. I'm in college and live in a student 'slum' where all kinds of stuff gets jacked (mostly bicycles...I had my first college beater bicycle stolen from my apartment a few months after moving in) so having the PS keeps me on edge about theft (I put basically all of my money towards it, which sucks when you realize you have to constantly upgrade/bling things with a duc), especially since I don't have comprehensive coverage on the bike, just liability. And to top it off, I currently don't have a lock/chain for the PS yet, only my (much less valuable, but still very loved) vespa is locked up with a chain right now. That being said, I will take your misfortune as a sign and go get another chain and lock (or two or three!) first thing tomorrow.

Good luck with all this,
josh

·
Registered
846 Posts
here's another gem of advice... dont accept whatever progressive offers you. talk about the condition, the mods, the low miles, etc and its very likely youll be able to barter another $500-$1000 easy out of them. its not worth their time to argue about what is small potatoes to them. wish i had leveraged the insurance co more when my duc was stolen....

·
Registered
115 Posts
Sorry dude. Buy another one. Don't let the bad guys win...............

·
Registered
724 Posts
Mine is locked in my shop...covered, motion sensors, disc locks and intercom on... I know, a bit of an overkill. But, you want to see overkill? Let me catch one of those bastards in my shop...it's going to be ugly!:eek:

I am thinking on buying a baby monitor to place in the shop and the receiver next to my bed too....:)

·
Registered
164 Posts
I would find a place I could rent a 1098 or something high profile and park it out there, just to see if you could catch the guys. Wouldn't it be great to have a gps unit on your bike? Break in the chop shop with a mossberg 500 and just start cleanin the place up! lol, I think I probably watch too many good revenge movies.

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
Post a "WTB Ducati Sport Classic in yellow" ad on craigslist and see if you catch any fish.

It is a fairly rare color (at least up here) and if the thief is a knucklehead, he might actually call you.

Grab a friend and "go see the bike."

·
Registered
665 Posts
Post a "WTB Ducati Sport Classic in yellow" ad on craigslist and see if you catch any fish.

It is a fairly rare color (at least up here) and if the thief is a knucklehead, he might actually call you.

Grab a friend and "go see the bike."
Great idea. You just never know how dumb a thief would be. You can be even more discreet, and post an ad for specific parts you had on the moto.

My moto is kept right in the garage, at the bottom of the Pacific Ocean.

·
Registered
371 Posts
Great idea. You just never know how dumb a thief would be. You can be even more discreet, and post an ad for specific parts you had on the moto.

My moto is kept right in the garage, at the bottom of the Pacific Ocean.
...and list your city as something other than where you live. Even some of the stupid ones may catch on to it if you list the city it was stolen from.

There are definitely stupid ones out there. About 3 weeks after I sold a bike, it was stolen from the new owner. Since the Title wasn't transferred, he had to call me to activate the Lojack. The bike was found on Day 3, with the ass still riding it.

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
I think this thief would have a hard time starting the bike, if he's just an opportunist who saw a shiny yellow duc... they would need to replace the ECU, ignition, and instrument cluster to run it. Once he figures that out the only solution is to part it out.

Perhaps look for parts on craigs list?

1 - 20 of 22 Posts