Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am sorry to say, I awoke this morning to an empty parking spot in my apartment complex. Belladonna, my 2001 red 748 mono is no longer in my possession. I had just spent the past few weeks acquiring all of the parts I needed to make her complete, too... titanium Termis, 5 spoke Marchis, lots of billet parts, and a biposto setup to complete the set. At least most of the parts haven't been installed yet, so I can resell those. I also had the exhaust off for cleaning, so they took it with no pipes of any kind. And I have both keys, so they pushed it or trailered it out of there.

If anyone comes across someone looking for new pipes and ignition/gas cap, please check and see if it's her.

VIN: ZDM1SB3R01B006038
SC License Plate: ZX2353

Attachments

·
Registered
3,448 Posts
Sorry to hear that! I was hoping we'd be able to go riding sometime. :( Chances are, the bike will be parted out or made into a track-only bike. I hope you had insurance on her, and if so, what are you thinking of replacing it with?

BTW - If you get another bike, do what I did when I lived in an extended stay hotel.....keep it at a local storage unit. It's worth the peace of mind knowing that it is covered, hidden, and locked away.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah, the cop I spoke to this morning said it's probably on its way down to Myrtle Beach for bike week, so I'll most likely never see her again.

She's insured, but not for as much as she's worth. For now, I'm thinking of just getting a new car, and hold off on the bike idea until I have a garage.

·
Registered
523 Posts
TrojanHorse said:
Yeah, the cop I spoke to this morning said it's probably on its way down to Myrtle Beach for bike week, so I'll most likely never see her again.

She's insured, but not for as much as she's worth. For now, I'm thinking of just getting a new car, and hold off on the bike idea until I have a garage.

bummer... never give up... replace her and get a chain...

·
Registered
3,448 Posts
Oooooppppssssss....somehow I deleted the post that was here and changed it.....

I forgot what this post originally said, but......I put your original post on two local boards, also...

www.carolinariders.com
www.roadrashsucks.com/index.php

As I was responding to the second part of my own post, here's the rest and my response about already checking with Touring Sport.....

Desmo Demon said:
Also, I hope you called Touring Sport and told them. Never know, someone may go in there looking for a set of slip-ons today or tomorrow. Joey is pretty good about getting a person's personal info for the computer.
Nevermind, I called Joey to see if he knew about it, and he told me that you were in there this morning. Anyway.....just watching out for you. ;)

·
Registered
709 Posts
that totaly sucks.

I hope they catch them, and execute them on the spot.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for lookin' out, Demon! Yeah, I stopped by and talked to Joey and Matt this morning. I actually stopped in last night and bought the Renthal grips from Joey about 5:30. :-(

I've got faxes out to the dealerships in Atlanta, Charlotte, Asheville, Augusta, Mt. Pleasant, and Raleigh, so if they try to replace parts anywhere in this area...

·
Registered
3,448 Posts
TrojanHorse said:
I actually stopped in last night and bought the Renthal grips from Joey about 5:30. :-(
Yeah, Joey told me that you were just in there yesterday buying parts for it. If I'd gotten off of work just a little bit sooner, I was going to run over there about the same time. I still need to pick up some of those special bolts for my mirrors.

·
Registered
55 Posts
So Sorry!!!

My 2001 748 "Faye", was stolen from my underground parking 3 years ago. I am just now getting ready to replace her. I decided to wait until I had a home to keep the next one safe. I hope you find your bike, as I never heard anything about mine again.

Funny thing though, the police officer that took m,y report said that here was a higs market for the bikes in Mexico. Sure enough, my wife and I were in a very poor part of Mexico, and what unmistakable sound do I hear coming down the street....that's right Ducati. Get's better though....not 1 bike...try 6 Ducati's rolling together. Not saying that where they go, but I can't imagine who'd be ble to afford them in the [art of mexico we were at.

Good luck again!!!!

Noir

1 - 13 of 13 Posts