Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys
Not sure if the right section. I left my bike parked for 40 minutes for the first time in years and it was gone when I returned.
2015 sp paint job, full ti termi and the normal sp stuff. Only 5000 odd miles on it and it was a keeper.
in the heart of London and the police still wouldn’t/couldnt do a thing.

I since heard more people are putting trackers on bikes today. I’ve never had one fitted before but if I buy another bike I would fit one.

there was a recent-ish story where a panigale was stolen in the same area and interpol were involved and recovered the bike within 48hours as it was crossing into Latvia.

not much chance of getting mine back and this has really put me off getting another bike.

so if anyone sees parts for sale or see a 2015 paint job bike come up anywhere, please let me know

Wheel Tire Fuel tank Vehicle Automotive lighting

·
Registered
296 Posts
Hi Melhks,
So sorry to hear about the loss of your bike. It's a true shame that some people are either too lazy or too stupid to work for the things they want in life and feel that taking other people's property is somehow acceptable. I used to have an R1 with tons of work done to it, stolen in Carlsbad, CA. I still feel rather victimized by the experience and hope some cosmic karma fell on the heads of the people that took it.
I hope you can take the time to do some research as to how to safely and securely own another bike again. Personally, my bikes don't leave my sight when I'm out riding and they're garage kept at home, but I know theft is still a reality. There are a lot of products and services out there (alarms, locks/chains, tracking devices) but the thieves are right behind them figuring out how to bypass the mouse trap. Vehicles get stuffed in a van and stripped, trackers removed, locks/chains removed. This is why I don't leave a bike parked where I can't see it, some riders don't have that luxury though.

Riding is good for the soul, I hope you can get back on two wheels.

·
Registered
2009 M1100S, 2003 Aprilia RSV Mille-R, 2x 1981Guzzi Monzas, IWL Pity, Piaggio Hexagon, PX Vespa
628 Posts
Commiserations, beautiful bike. London is a hotbed for Bike theft. When I lived there I couldn't get insurance on my 900SS without it being garaged at night. So it lived in my living room.

I wouldn't leave my bike parked ANYWHERE there tbh, certainly not out of my sight. Dont let the thieves get you down!!!

·
Premium Member
282 Posts
I am sorry about your bike being stolen. I never have had a bike taken from me, but a super nice bicycle, Raleigh Carlton Grand Sport, 531 Reynolds Aluminum with Campy was right from my apartment, when i lived in Santa Paula. And my 1969 Datsun 510 was stolen from apartment complex, in Mountain View, when I was first married. I did have my RD 400 at that time, which never was messed with.
I am always pissed off that people think it is ok to steal. I was poor in my early life, but I did not steal the stuff I had always dreamed about having...

·
Registered
12 Posts
Sorry to hear. My last street bike (prior to my Hypermotard), a 2000 Honda Cbr 929 was stolen around 2003. At the time i was not riding much as I had moved to a larger city. Insurance paid out pretty well which was good timing as I was saving for a house. I did not really think it bothered me much at the time due to the above facts, however I had recurring dreams for years that I still had the bike and that it just had not been running the entire time but I fixed it and it was good to go.

Weird I know. I don’t think that I was able to accept, or make sense of the fact that it was just gone one day never to be seen again.

I really hate thieves.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Bummer. I grew up in Cambridge and had 3 or 4 bikes stolen, never to be recovered. It was a real bummer. You'd think with all the ANPR and cameras everywhere it would be easier to track these guys down. I hope they track yours down for you!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for the replies and boosters!
no news at all and thats the thing. This is the first time I’ve left it for a short time and its right by Oxford St with tons of people and loads of cameras as mentioned above (anpr)
But nothing. They really dont care as it would be so easy to honeytrap these bastards and stop all the shipments of stolen cars and bikes if they really wanted to. Its really rife here.
Insurers wanted all the books, keys etc and not heard anything from them yet. Another battle I’m sure and can’t find another bike like it as have been looking a little.
Contemplating another but I have this little part saying dont bother.
I guess I’ll wait to fight the insurance and take it from there.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts