Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
956 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK so I bought stuff...wee!!!

It goes boing and is tailored to me and it ain't yellow now, it's red!

x2 complete:)

So the crazy motor and unobtanium trellis in Ti are out of my league but the rest is done!

Man that took a long time....

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

·
Registered
956 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm sure your bike is pushing out 170 crank HP at the very minimum, and it is one of the lightest (if not the lightest) 1098's on the forum. IMO you don't need the titanium frame or the crazy motor. That bike is prolly a rocket.
come to toronto when it warms up and find out...I can photograph you on the track:) yep, I'm a wimp...

·
Registered
956 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ah come on man, do a couple track day schools and learn to rail the snot out of that beauty.

That bodywork is way too nice for the track though.
Yah but can I go naked? I am selling the stock bodywork...selling everything but the exhaust in case I get DOTed...

·
Registered
956 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeah I've seen naked bikes at the track but it looks like more of a hassle than anything.

Why not drop 600-700 bucks and get some track plastics?

thats actually a pretty good idea. i have the stock swingarm too LOL. need to buy some sliders...

·
Registered
337 Posts
OK so I bought stuff...wee!!!

It goes boing and is tailored to me and it ain't yellow now, it's red!

x2 complete:)

So the crazy motor and unobtanium trellis in Ti are out of my league but the rest is done!

Man that took a long time....

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D
So..... are we supposed to guess what you did? I don't get it. No pics? No explanation?

·
Registered
956 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Nope:)

Well there will be no Ti frame, I'll say that much, but I got a mod coming that let's just say I should have done a long time ago...will post pics in December when it's all done:)

So..... are we supposed to guess what you did? I don't get it. No pics? No explanation?

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
Öhlins shock or forks, right?

Take the 777 to the track and explore it´s potential. After that, your world will be different.

·
Registered
956 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
What's a Owens?:confused:

Hehe. Actually the '777' fairing middle just sold so it's gonna have to be some cheap body work cuz I ain't tracking it with all the CF. That would make me an even bigger tool than I am.

Feels good to be on a good start with Motowheels again, too...that was bothering me a lot (I'm a wimpy Canadian, afterall). I was rather ignorant towards them once or twice, not good at all - my fault!!!

Öhlins shock or forks, right?

Take the 777 to the track and explore it´s potential. After that, your world will be different.

·
Registered
956 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
I'm sure your bike is pushing out 170 crank HP at the very minimum, and it is one of the lightest (if not the lightest) 1098's on the forum. IMO you don't need the titanium frame or the crazy motor. That bike is prolly a rocket.
I'm guessing slightly less than the 'real world' reports of 140ish at the rear right now...plus the grearing of 1-under in the front and 1-over in the rear, and a rider who weights 125Lbs. Still need to replace the battery with a Speedcell, have a few more rather incidental carbon pieces coming, and I'm done (under the seat and that little piece in the nose cone).

I will contact Z1 as apparently they have a dyno; or Lang Hindle but in my experience he'll want to get his fingers into it...how HE wants LOL...

The rest - EVR airbox, Ti frame, 1098r spec motor (I'd be happy with cams/valves and a B&B TBH), well if any of them every happen, they will certainly be in the 2011 season or later. I'm tapped out and need to find insurance money and a way to pay for my trip to Cali and back next summer:)

I have been so stressed out that I made a pretty bike but didn't do the suspension, so now if nothing else, rider's inabilities aside, I've done the right thing:)

·
Registered
956 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
WTF I gotta drop the motor to drop the shock???

The front I understand - stand inside the steering head, measure each top-of-fork to where-it-meets-the-triple difference with vernier calipers; measure the bottom of the unweighted fork from the axle to the rear...remove triples and forks. But the rear...WTF???

Am I reading this internet stuff wrong? I better check the service manual...

·
Registered
956 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Cool, trying to find what you're referencing, thanks, Enigma.

Shawn

dan kyle has a write up about this on the "other" forum

1 - 15 of 15 Posts