Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wondering what kind of mileage people are getting out of the stock tires. I'm looking to replace mine with either BT-021's or PS2's as I just put a lot of miles on. I also, unfortunately, have a lot of commuting miles and I tend to square off a tire long before I get a chance to mangle the sides.

·
Premium Member
12,281 Posts
4800 kms on mine got a new one in the garage just waiting Pirelli corsa III. Square with some beveles.

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
My stock BT-014 rear lasted 2,500 miles. The replacement BT-014 lasted about 3,700. Not sure why. The front lasted 6,200+ and still had a little life left in it. Just had some Pilot Powers put on last week. Never going back to Bridgestones.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Stock Pirellis lasted 2200 miles and they were down to the steel cords. Running Michelin PP 2CT now and have 1K miles and they look good, should get a little more mileage than the stock tires.

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
Stock Pirellis:
1 track day
3100 total miles
Still at least another 1k (street) left on them.

·
Premium Member
0 Posts
Why run a supersport tire when all you do is commute?

You'd be a lot better off with something like a Diablo Strada, Pilot Road II, or BT-021...

·
Registered
605 Posts
So far I like the Diablo Stradas on the bike. 2K mixed riding (no track) and they look new.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Pirellis nearly gone at 2400

The original Pirellis about done at 2400 miles, especially rear. I know some will argue against anything w/ a touring slant, but the Michelin Pilot Road 2 tires really do a decent twisty road job & wear fairly well for commuting.

Really, most of us don't need all out performance tires for an 85hp Duc for daily riding. Track days, sure, but that's the exception for most folks.

·
Premium Member
661 Posts
Why run a supersport tire when all you do is commute?

You'd be a lot better off with something like a Diablo Strada, Pilot Road II, or BT-021...
99% of my miles on the HM-S are commute miles.

1,050 miles out of the original Diablo Corsas; switched to Diablo Stradas and now I get 1,300 miles out of the rear and I replace the front at the same time just because.

Previously, I ran the Bridgestone BT-021 on my KTM 640 Supermoto (my former commute bike), and I typically got 2,200 miles out of the rear.

From this, I suppose it is fair to say someone might get almost 2X thread wear out of the Bridgestones compared to the Pirellis with the caveat the HM-S also has about 2X the HP and Torque as the KTM.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts