Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would really appreciate it if someone could give me the stock number of turns or distance down from top that is on the pre load adjuster on the rear shock. I just got the bike and the previous owner has really cranked it down. My seat height is 36 inches right now.

·
Banned
61 Posts
What model hyper? They have different settings from one to the other. Preload adjustments should not be made to adjust seat height. There is a separate ride height adjuster. Hyper is generally a tall bike!

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
2012 hyper sp. The previous owner made the adjustment, I'm just trying to get it back to stock.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
34.5 " ????????

I'm a new 2012 Hyper SP owner and I know the stock seat height should be 34.5". However the previous owner has put enough preload on the shock spring to put seat height at 36.5" OK, I back off until only 12mm of thread are left and seat height is still 35.5". So what gives? I know the manual says stock preload setting is 19mm and I do not believe the ride height rod has been adjusted from stock either.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Lowering link on 12 SP ?

Anyone tried a lowering link on a 12 SP ? I know someone will think , Why do you want to lower the bike or why did you buy an SP in the first place. Well I bought the bike because I wanted to buy it and I **** it. However I don't like the seat height which is 35.25 inches . And that's with the ride height link all the way down. And I am not short although most of my 6 foot height is upper body, I wear 33x32 pants. I am used to dirt bikes with high seat heights but can not really get used to a street bike this high. I also know the bike is aimed at people who like to use them on the track which I will not be doing as of right now. It is one of the most comfortable bikes I have ridden in a long time. My previous bike was a Triumph Tiger which had a 33 inch seat height which was manageable although a little high. And no, I do not want to just buy a "cruiser" with a 25 inch seat height because I am not a cruiser guy.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts