Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wondering if anybody knows if the Ducati Touring seat is any lower or taller than the stock seat. I'm considering adding that to my '10 . . .

·
Premium Member
120 Posts
I recently installed the DP Touring seat and although I have not actually measured it, my perception is that the height is not significantly different than the stock seat. I do find it to be a bit more comfortable than stock, but have not yet done long days. As luck would have it, we are heading out in the morning to Sedona, AZ so we'll have two 500 mi. days back to back for a much better test. I will report further.

·
Registered
1,386 Posts
I have the Ducati Performance Comfort Seat on my 2014 Multi 1200 S and find that it is a little flatter and wider than the stock seat. The height is about the same but because it is slightly wider your legs don't go straight down like they do with the stock seat so the bike will "feel" a little taller (even though it really isn't). I'm pretty happy with the comfort seat. It is more comfortable than the stock seat for sure.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Please do report back, I'm very curious to find out :)

What I noticed, and my wife has commented, the DP Comfort Seat is a bit harder, more dense than the stock seat which she thought made it much more comfortable. Unfortunately I wasn't able to test out the rider seat due to my buddy's bike being newer and the seat didn't fit but given the feed back I'm receiving it would be more comfortable/supportive overall

·
Registered
568 Posts
I have the Ducati Performance Comfort Seat on my 2014 Multi 1200 S and find that it is a little flatter and wider than the stock seat. The height is about the same but because it is slightly wider your legs don't go straight down like they do with the stock seat so the bike will "feel" a little taller (even though it really isn't). I'm pretty happy with the comfort seat. It is more comfortable than the stock seat for sure.
Can you tell me the part numbers on your 2 seats?

·
Registered
49 Posts
This was my impression when I tried one on my 2013. In my case, the increased comfort was not worth the taller "feel". I'm back to the stock seat.

Ken

·
Premium Member
4,057 Posts
This was my impression when I tried one on my 2013. In my case, the increased comfort was not worth the taller "feel". I'm back to the stock seat.

Ken
My only real complaint about the stock seat is that for touring it 'pushes' you to the front of the seat. For aggressive riding I like that, but for touring it makes it harder to move around for comfort. I find that after 3 days touring I get pretty sore. It goes away after another couple days but it's pretty annoying during that period.

·
Premium Member
120 Posts
Sorry for taking so long to report back, frankly I just forgot to do so.

I think the DP Touring seat on my 2012 is the about same height as the stock seat. I have now ridden about 20,000 mi. on stock seat and 10,000+ mi. on DP Touring seat. I find the Touring seat to be more comfortable for long days, having done 10+ days in excess of 500 mi. and one string of 4 x 500+ miles days in a row on this seat. I think its a cost effective upgrade.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
No worries, thanks for following up anyways!
did you find the Touring seat significantly different in shape compared to the stock seat? The material of the stock seat I'm not overly concerned about as my tush would eventually get used to it. But what I did notice is the fact that, as previously mentioned by others, you slide right into the tank and it puts quite a bit of pressure onto your groin area. That is my main worry . . .

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
No worries, thanks for following up anyways!
did you find the Touring seat significantly different in shape compared to the stock seat? The material of the stock seat I'm not overly concerned about as my tush would eventually get used to it. But what I did notice is the fact that, as previously mentioned by others, you slide right into the tank and it puts quite a bit of pressure onto your groin area. That is my main worry . . .
I had the touring on my '12 MTS, I liked the comfort but it splayed my hips wider with the flatter profile and my left hip would ache on long rides. I went back to stock and have no issues other than it looks plain. I may try a Sargent if I can find one used, or recover mine with the Luimoto Cover and Gel inserts.

·
Premium Member
120 Posts
i never had an issue with sliding up onto the tank with the stock seat or the Touring seat. The shape of the Touring seat seems better overall, at least to me. As with most seats, I think the shape may well be a matter of personal preference as well as the shape of one's rear end and its interface with the seat.

·
Registered
568 Posts
Problem I'm having now is which is which? Part numbers seem to be retired. Which seat came on my Pikes Peak stock?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts