Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys - Thinking about adding some mods to my 2015, came across bike below for sale in So Cal. I called the dealer, the bikes been sold... he mentioned that the red rims and the red crash bars are stock Ducati parts. I cant find them either on the Ducati parts site, or any other OEM parts sites for that matter.

Anybody know where I can find these?
Many thanks, Bill

Attachments

·
Premium Member
3,666 Posts
Well if by stock he means they are the original parts that the first owner sent out for red powdercoat then yes they're stock.

·
Premium Member
3,666 Posts
Powdercoating is a great way to give your bike some accents. Not everyone will like it but hey- fuck them. IMO this is a nice look - almost like a factory offering. If it also had the red frame it would be just about perfect (I'd lose the stick on over the clutch but that's the only addition I'd change if I bought this bike).

Is there a powdercoat option that will be durable enough to take stone strikes (the crash bars in front of the radiator get road debris)?

·
Registered
256 Posts
I agree with DaveK. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. I remember this bike form another post; I like it. I think plastic-coating is probably more durable for a crash bar.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I have red powdercoating on my crash bars. I have not seen any rock chip issues in 6500 miles of riding. Don't know where the powdercoating was done; dealer had it done. They are a bit dirty right now.

·
Registered
440 Posts
Powder coating is where is at, for my wheels. I left my crashbars original, I like the brushed steel look.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks all for the great comments and pics. I’ve actually found a couple of shops here in the San Francisco Bay area that do powder coating. Getting a quote of $300 for two wheels, and about $80 for the crash bars. That’s the direction I’m going to go, will show some pics when I get it done. Thanks again guys.

·
Registered
440 Posts
Thanks all for the great comments and pics. I’ve actually found a couple of shops here in the San Francisco Bay area that do powder coating. Getting a quote of $300 for two wheels, and about $80 for the crash bars. That’s the direction I’m going to go, will show some pics when I get it done. Thanks again guys.
A guy in Reno does $80 per wheel.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

1 - 11 of 11 Posts