Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
735 Posts
clearance. . .

I would look at the right side and then try to get both sides symetrical or even. I suppose you have twin mufflers, as a "two pipes into one muffler" would not be relevant. My exhaust mufflers are about 1 & 1/2 " from the swingarm.

chow,
Fred

·
Registered
87 Posts
Sometimes there is a lot of "wiggle room" in the exhaust system.

When I put some high-mount slipons on, I had issues with the swingarm hitting them. It took some trial and error and much loosening, wiggling, adjusting and tightening, but I've finally gotten some good clearance and they're even somewhat symmetrical.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Sorry, I just realized I didn't really answer your question!

For me the clearance answer was: enough clearance so it doesn't interfere with the swingarm.

·
Registered
87 Posts
I loosened the muffler to frame clamp and wiggled and rotated the muffler in relation to the intermediate pipe and rotated the intermediate pipe in relation to the header until I got what I wanted. Then, I clamped the muffler back to the frame to make sure it didn't move in a direction I didn't want it to.

I have on another occasion, however, loosened all of the header clamps with a bottle jack under the collector to get all the play out of the system after finding out the hard way on my first track day that the stock exhaust system doesn't have as much ground clearance as it should. Better riding technique helped that too! ha ha!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts