Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So I went to loosen my right side exhaust bolts so I could blow out the sand that had lodged itself between the pipe & bracket, and the rear mounting bolt just spins. The bolt was tight, I broke the torque, now it just spins without backing out. Doesn't seem like a stripped bolt to me. Anyone else run into this, and what's the fix? Is the exhaust shell threaded, or is there a nutplate inside the exhaust?

·
Premium Member
1,625 Posts
i think there's a threaded plate on the inside - sounds like yours broke free and is spinning inside the can...

bummer.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i think there's a threaded plate on the inside - sounds like yours broke free and is spinning inside the can...

bummer.
Yeah, it is a bummer. So, I guess I have 3 options:

1. Leave it as is with a loose rear exhaust bolt that can't be removed and hope it doesn't rattle.

2. Cut off the head of the bolt and replace the stock pipe, which would be a kind of a pain for little reward.

3. Cut off the head of the bolt and replace stock pipes with an aftermarket exhaust, essentially killing 2 birds with one stone.

Looks like options 1 & 3 are the most attractive.

·
Registered
473 Posts
Scanloni

If it is the bolt that holds the pipe to the hanger….
Then the threaded side is a nut welded to the back side of the bracket, the weld breaks and the bolt spins, happened to me too. You can probably get at it if you take the mufflers off.

Good luck.

Lee C.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts