Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am a new ducati rider. I have a 2006 ducati s2r 800 i just got and I am not happy with the stock sound of the exhaust. I have done some research and also talked with a few people but still have some questions. I would like to get a deeper/louder sound out of my exhaust without spending too much money.
Will coreing the stock exhaust cans while leaving on the cat make the bike run too lean?
Also if i can get away with coreing the cans would i be able to get away with adding a midpipe too and get rid of that ugly cat?

·
Registered
30 Posts
Coring the pipes and leaving the cat will not make the bike run too lean. It will produce a little bit deeper tone. By far the best mod you can do to your exhaust for the money.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks... I think im going to buy a set of stock cans off ebay or something incase i dont seem to like it or something.
One more question for you guys... i found a set for the s2r 1000. Would those fit on my s2r 800?? from the pics they look the same and the guy on ebay says they are i just want to make sure befor i get them.

·
Registered
998 Posts
I have an S4R exhaust that I would be happy to sell, thinking somebody would like to core these cans and save there stock ones. Make me an offer + shipping

1 - 6 of 6 Posts