Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,806 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello guys!

since i saw the streetfighter canon like exhausts i was wondering if the "silencers" inside the exhausts could be removed and if that would make a difference.

Back in 2000 it was a common mod to remove the silencers from ktm dukes and when i saw the shape of the sfs exhaust and the silencer inside it, it reminded me just that mod!!

Then i saw a photo blackie had uploaded to review r&g tail tidy and i noticed that he made my thoughts reality :)

I think the sound will definately have major improvement and since there is almost free flow after the mod, the exhaust now will "almost" act like a termi slip on would act!

the thing is...is it safe without ecu re-tune??has anyone else done it??i would love to read some feedback on this, before i remove the ones from my "canons"!!! :)

Blackies bike:

http://www.ducati.ms/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=50073&d=1245778008

·
Registered
3,851 Posts
Mine wasn't as stock looking as Blakie's but I did end up with a free flow can, 2.5" mid pipe and a 70mm perforated tube inside the 12" CF can; no tuning issue whatshowever. As long as you leave the lambda sensor and the flapper valve, you'll be OK!
Here's what you're up against, good luck!
http://www.ducati-upnorth.com/forum/showthread.php?t=10705

·
Registered
3,851 Posts

·
Registered
1,806 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
wow!!!blackie did hell of a job there!!!!!!just as i was afraid, the bike will have issues with the free flow of the modded cans...hope blackie sees this and tell as what he did to his bike!

·
Registered
47 Posts
Thinking of taking this on with blackie's level of effort. Any direction on where the carbon fiber tubing was bought?

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
Do a search and you should find Blackies thread because I think he mentioned it there... alternatively send him a private message and if you catch him on a good day...... :D

·
Registered
2,124 Posts
Thinking of taking this on with blackie's level of effort. Any direction on where the carbon fiber tubing was bought?
Hi Mike

Are you in the UK ?

If so PJ engineering sell some but i sourced mine locally to me but i wouldnt advise trying this over the phone as the bosses Son who usually answers the phone is a right arsehole.

I also have some very nice short stubby GP cans :D Which dont need the exhaust hanger

·
Registered
47 Posts
Thanks for the direction Blackie. Not from the UK, I'm across the pond. Looks like I'll be ordering from PJ as long as shipping isn't nuts.

Did you use 127mm ID tubing?

Appreciate the help.

·
Registered
2,124 Posts
Thanks for the direction Blackie. Not from the UK, I'm across the pond. Looks like I'll be ordering from PJ as long as shipping isn't nuts.

Did you use 127mm ID tubing?

Appreciate the help.

No Idea Mike. If thats the dia of the tube then yes. I think some other lads have shipped from PJ so good luck but if you get stuck you can send it to me & i,ll ship it UPS from work

Ta

·
Registered
69 Posts
blackie, I dont suppose you took any videos of the gutted stocker sf exhaust did you?

I'm very interested in retrofitting my stocker exhaust, because I really actually like the way they look, and just want a bit more "punch"

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
I think redline can alter your factory ECU to do just about anything.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I know this is an old thread but how loud is the bike with this mod. Right now I have the SC Project CR-T exhaust on my 1098 SF and it's just flat out too loud. I have to wear ear plugs when riding and my ears still ring when I'm done. Thinking about getting rid of the exhaust and modding my stock one this way.

·
Registered
69 Posts
I dont know if I posted my videos... this makes it sounds louder than I think it is, but I think it sounds great, and I like the stock look too. (848sf)

Rebuilt stock exhaust I cant remember if this is with the flapper tuned away or not. I also had variation of maps... I need videos but the later maps ran leaner which seemed to make the exhaust more brutal...

1 - 16 of 16 Posts