Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I picked up a 2012 848 over the winter and am about to replace what I believe are the stock tires, but I want to make sure I'm not crazy getting rid of tires with a decent amount of tread left.

The bike just hit over 4,000 miles but it still has what I assume are the stock Supercorsas. I plan to bring it up to the local Ducati dealership to get a set of Pilot Power 3's put on this weekend. Am I wrong to think that these tires need replaced after 4+ years of minimal use even though they don't show a ton of wear? This is strictly a street bike if that answers any questions regarding the use of the tires.

thanks

·
Registered
157 Posts
I picked up a 2012 848 over the winter and am about to replace what I believe are the stock tires, but I want to make sure I'm not crazy getting rid of tires with a decent amount of tread left.

The bike just hit over 4,000 miles but it still has what I assume are the stock Supercorsas. I plan to bring it up to the local Ducati dealership to get a set of Pilot Power 3's put on this weekend. Am I wrong to think that these tires need replaced after 4+ years of minimal use even though they don't show a ton of wear? This is strictly a street bike if that answers any questions regarding the use of the tires.

thanks
If the rear has 4000 miles on it, and it still has tread left, it's not the original.

FWIW, I bought a '13 with 4.2K on it, and I replaced the tires. I don't take chances with tires...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts