Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I love the stock exhaust on my new 1200. This is very different for me considering that I typically replace the exhaust on EVERYTHING I have...

Considering-
- 1200 has all the power that I need
- Stock exhaust looks AWESOME (IMHO)
- I always ride with panniers so aftermarket will be covered up
- I was lucky to pull enough strings to get the bike. Cant afford to spend $2500 more on an exhaust

BUT, I do want to change it a bit....

I would like to lose some lbs....
I would like a little louder- deeper tone
I would like to clean up the underside of the bike a bit.

Soo, Does anyone know of a shop or someone on here that I could possibly ship a stock exhaust to that would gut it to give the stock exhaust what I am looking for? I even thought that if it was someone on here looking to make some extra $$ then I might could find a cheap ebay pipe and donate it to start a chain. That way we can keep riding without taking our exhaust off. Once the modified exhaust delivered, I would ship my stock back and it could be modified for the next person....

I saw a thread somewhere that had some pictures of a stock can that had been cut in half and gutted then rewelded. They did what I want to do but I simply cant....

So, is this a crazy idea or what? Of course it will depend on how much time it will take a person to modify the stock system. I have noticed a lot of people in the same quandry as I though.

·
Registered
750 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
This is great, just what I been waiting for:)

I love the look of the stockpipes but I like to have proper sound, now I just like to hear a soundclip before I order one.

Best regards
Michael

·
Registered
750 Posts
From the UK site:

Sorted!! no more EXVL error - woo-hoo

Just a combination of fire up, then fit aluminium clamp and spring whilst running - once set to position tighten up and lock in place.
Switch off, then fire up again - resets with no error.

I am now officially a very happy bunny - not sure about the neighbours though....

YouTube - Ducati multistrada 1200 - MIVV decat & Termi stubby
Just ordered mine from here. Looks like PJs Parts is the only US distributor.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Found a guy in California who made a custom Db killer for the Full Termi exhaust. I emailed him to see if he would be interested in doing the same for our stock pipes with the MIVV Cat replacement pipes.

I will keep you updated but would anyone else be interested in this as an option? If a lot of us are interested then he may be more inclined to make the system.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
Sweet. I love competition in the marketplace.

Working on a baffle for the stock silencers. If I can get one then I am sold on the Cat delete pipes....

It should be the cheapest alternative out there... I am hoping for under $500 total system.

Possibly minor hp increase and @ 10lb weight reduction as well.

·
Registered
533 Posts
I'm with you on the low cost alternative, my wallet was maxed out with the bike purchase :D. Will be following this thread to see what pops up!

-Dave

·
Registered
76 Posts
this is exactly my thought when i got the bike first, loved the look of the standard pipe but it needs more sound and loose the biscuit tin!
will be watching this thread with interest, thanks!

·
Registered
602 Posts
Found a guy in California who made a custom Db killer for the Full Termi exhaust. I emailed him to see if he would be interested in doing the same for our stock pipes with the MIVV Cat replacement pipes.

I will keep you updated but would anyone else be interested in this as an option? If a lot of us are interested then he may be more inclined to make the system.
+1 interested.

·
Registered
1,554 Posts
Sweet. I love competition in the marketplace.

Working on a baffle for the stock silencers. If I can get one then I am sold on the Cat delete pipes....

It should be the cheapest alternative out there... I am hoping for under $500 total system.

Possibly minor hp increase and @ 10lb weight reduction as well.
If you look at the dyno charts from the Italian company with the CAT delete the bike made less power almost all the way across its range.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
He replied and said he would look at a stock bike to see what options he could come up with.

So far those that are interested in a cat-delete w/ baffled stock endpipe system are:

Sidewinder (me)
DR14
jafo
Fultank

Speak up anybody else. This is not a commitment or a pre-buy. Just an inquiry for information.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
If you look at the dyno charts from the Italian company with the CAT delete the bike made less power almost all the way across its range.

Hmmm. I see what you are talking about now. I was looking at the chart they supplied not the hyperlink to the actual dyno run.

The dyno run looks like it loses 3-4 Hp between 7-9000 rpm but it also gains 3-4 Hp between 4-6000... Same overall peak Hp. Torque curve is a very slightly better with the MIVV cat delete...

Considering the bike has close to 150 to start with... That is not a show stopper for me.

1 - 20 of 56 Posts