Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
516 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a couple questions

its for an 06 999

the standard one says its for use with the stock clutch basket and plates does that mean the next level up you can not use the stock basket and plates?/

also the standard stm is non adjustable, how much slip does it have??

lastly does it make the clutch rattle any quiter or louder??

thanks

·
Registered
331 Posts
What are you looking to gain from a slipper clutch? Are you doing track days/racing or just street ridding? There are a couple of variables that can point you to the better option. Non-adjustable is perfectly fine for the street and track day rider. It is even acceptable to someone who races for the fun of it. If you are going to seriously race, an adjustable slipper is a nice option. As far as the baskets go, the 48t basket will last a bit longer than a normal 12t. If your current basket is fine, and you fall under the non-serious racer category..the normal slipper would be more than adequate for what you are looking for. I run the SBK slipper in my 996 (same clutches as the 999 bikes), and even though I race it, I have never changed the springs on it. It is just an extra tuning option to mess with really. I do use the 48t basket though, and clutch noise is a lot less than what the stock clutch set-up was. A lot of that comes from the condition of the basket though.

·
Registered
516 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks for the reply,

well i just sold my track day race bike a honda rs125, being a two stroke it had zero engine brakeing.

the 999 is my street bike but will have to be my track day bike a couple times a year and having raced a 996 a few years back i thought after riding the 125 a slipper would be nice.

ive raced r6's, gsxr750, and r1's also before so im pretty familiar with riding a big bike at the track but i got to admit i will miss the little 125, it is a blast to ride.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts