Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently purchased a 2006 'S' Multistrada (like today, not yet taken possession). I want to put STM frame plugs on it. What size holes does this bike have and how many frame plugs will I need? Will also be adding the Sato Racing frame sliders so I presume that means I'll need two less frame plugs. If you have any knowledge of this can you help a brother out? What sizes and how many do I need. Thanks for your help.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Same here have black 2006 1000 s and want to put red stm frame plugs on it, I will need 3 but what size is the wholes? and if anyone knows what thread pich is the oil fill cap on multistrada? want to put stm oil fill plug on too. thanks for the help!:confused:

·
Premium Member
8,739 Posts
Same here have black 2006 1000 s and want to put red stm frame plugs on it, I will need 3 but what size is the wholes? and if anyone knows what thread pich is the oil fill cap on multistrada? want to put stm oil fill plug on too. thanks for the help!:confused:
The oil fill plug is standard on all the Ducatis, I'm pretty sure of that. I would think the frame holes are close to the size of another Duc because it is a trellis frame.

I went out to the garage and measured the hole sizes of the Multistrada vs. 999R. Left side Multi are two holes and they are approx 24mm. R/S there are three holes, upper is approx 21mm and the two others are 24mm. On the 999R the R/S two holes are 22mm and the left side two holes are 22mm.

At least on the Multi the holes have rubber caps on them, which are better than nothing like the 999.

I know other bikes like the 916 will have either the same or different size vs the 999 because they are normally advertized as a different size. If someone out there can measure the older SBK that might be a match.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts