Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
wishes it was summer
697 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone here have a 12T Evoluzione slipper clutch and the appropriate tool to remove the pressure plate? I recently purchased the tool from motowheels (mfg part no. 002AMS001) to remove the pressure plate and the pins on the tool do not seem to line up with the notches on the pressure plate. The pressure plate is part no. 003mg010. The pins on the tool seem to have a wider spacing than the notches on the pressure plate.

I want to do some maintenance on the clutch pack and need to get the center nut off but can't seem to do so unless I have this tool. Does anyone have any ideas on how to get the nut off without the tool or have the correct part number for the tool?

Thanks,
Carlo

·
Registered
472 Posts
Have you tried contacting motowheels?

·
wishes it was summer
697 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes I already talked to them and they said that the tool should work, but to just send the tool back and they will try to contact the manufacturer to see what the deal is.

·
wishes it was summer
697 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
bump....someone must have this clutch.

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
I have a tool that works fine on my clutch, but the part number is 002AM000.

Does anyone here have a 12T Evoluzione slipper clutch and the appropriate tool to remove the pressure plate? I recently purchased the tool from motowheels (mfg part no. 002AMS001) to remove the pressure plate and the pins on the tool do not seem to line up with the notches on the pressure plate. The pressure plate is part no. 003mg010. The pins on the tool seem to have a wider spacing than the notches on the pressure plate.

I want to do some maintenance on the clutch pack and need to get the center nut off but can't seem to do so unless I have this tool. Does anyone have any ideas on how to get the nut off without the tool or have the correct part number for the tool?

Thanks,
Carlo

·
wishes it was summer
697 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have a tool that works fine on my clutch, but the part number is 002AM000.
Thanks Jeff. Where did you purchase it from? Is the part no on your pressure plate 003mg010?

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
Yes, that's the number on the hub. I don't recall where I bought the tool, I've had it for ages - but I'm pretty sure it wasn't Motowheels. Just noticed another difference in the part numbers besides the final number, there is no "S" in the part number for my tool.

·
wishes it was summer
697 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yes, that's the number on the hub. I don't recall where I bought the tool, I've had it for ages - but I'm pretty sure it wasn't Motowheels. Just noticed another difference in the part numbers besides the final number, there is no "S" in the part number for my tool.
Ok great...so the part number on the tool I need is 002AM000. If you happen to remember where you purchased the tool, please let me know.

Thanks,
Carlo

·
wishes it was summer
697 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

·
Registered
16 Posts
Buy an electric rattle gun off Ebay they are as cheap as, been using one to get my STM clutch apart for a couple of years now

·
Registered
39 Posts

Thanks,
Carlo
Carlo,

I take it that the photos of my home brew tool for the reinstallation of your STM clutch did not work?

·
Registered
39 Posts
Carlo,

I take it that the photos of my home brew tool for the reinstallation of your STM clutch did not work?
I apologize, I should have read the original question..but I told you several months ago to put the bike in neutral and use a impact gun (either electric or air) that the nut is 32mm nut. Also be careful when you disassemble as it is under load, and parts could scatter if you are not careful!

I am now going to put pics of the device I have cobble together to re-install said STM EVO slipper Clutch.

Attachments

·
Registered
39 Posts
I apologize, I should have read the original question..but I told you several months ago to put the bike in neutral and use a impact gun (either electric or air) that the nut is 32mm nut. Also be careful when you disassemble as it is under load, and parts could scatter if you are not careful!

I am now going to put pics of the device I have cobble together to re-install said STM EVO slipper Clutch.
I have never recieved an answer as to where to attain and how much a genuine tool is worth.This does work, although very rudementary. The written instructions are on this forum on how this works.The spacers are different in the actual bike pics to the seperate images, as was not enough space to thread the nut onto the shaft. I stripped the nut on my system from using the first set of spacers (Carlos, you will need a impact to install the nut, so buy one you will need one)....I ordered 2 nuts from Anthony Creek at Desmoworks several months ago which I have not recieved yet! When recieved I will take mine apart and replace the stripped one.

·
wishes it was summer
697 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I have never recieved an answer as to where to attain and how much a genuine tool is worth.This does work, although very rudementary. The written instructions are on this forum on how this works.The spacers are different in the actual bike pics to the seperate images, as was not enough space to thread the nut onto the shaft. I stripped the nut on my system from using the first set of spacers (Carlos, you will need a impact to install the nut, so buy one you will need one)....I ordered 2 nuts from Anthony Creek at Desmoworks several months ago which I have not recieved yet! When recieved I will take mine apart and replace the stripped one.
Hey-Thanks for the reply. Yeah I forgot that you actually mentioned to use an air gun to pull off the nut. I gathered the parts to build your contraption to put the clutch back together but haven't been successful at getting the clutch apart. I did talk to the guys over at Motowheels and they said that they can get the correct part and will order it once I ship back the tool I have.

-Carlo

1 - 17 of 17 Posts