Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2,456 Posts
I'm not sure if it makes me like Ben any more, but it makes me like the marketing guys at Yamaha more. The last two Yamaha films were pretty funny!

·
Banned
11,256 Posts
Whoever at Yamaha figured out that comedy videos were the way to go, gets an A+ in my book. Even Lorenzo was smiling a bit! I love Rossi and the cat, that was just genius!

Actually, the video that kinda changed my mind about Ben spies was the serious one done by On the Throttle TV its on Roadracing worlds web site from 2 weeks ago. Its just a 30 min sit-down with Ben being asked some serious questions about how he's been able to do it and some of the answers are pretty inspiring.

I still want haga to win... LOL :rolleyes:

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Banned
1,152 Posts
Little shy, little intense especially during a race weekend. He's been a public figure for a long time so he doesn't let loose in front of the cameras or in public much.

·
Registered
447 Posts
Every now and then he does post a funny comment up on FB.

Great Video... Rossi looked like he was ready to cry.

·
Registered
3,032 Posts
I'm really not liking his personality - that could have been a great video with someone else in it! It's like that was in his contract or something. Rossi at the end was the best part.

·
Registered
255 Posts
I dont get it. Why all the negative towards Spies. Just because he isnt a showboat attention whore like some of the other Yamaha riders? The kid is serious and works hard. I am pretty sure Yamaha is OK with what he is doing.

·
Banned
1,152 Posts
I'm really not liking his personality - that could have been a great video with someone else in it! It's like that was in his contract or something. Rossi at the end was the best part.
The whole playing up how serious he comes off was the whole point of the video and what made it funny.

At the end there's a shot of a grinning Ben in the store where they shot the keychain stuff - that is the normal relaxed Ben.

·
Registered
2,456 Posts
I think he's just a bit too matter of fact. He always seems to be gracious in winning or defeat but he just seems to be a bit too business like. Not that there is anything wrong with that, it just doesn't ingratiate people to you.

·
Banned
1,152 Posts
I totally agree but that's just how he is. He'll loosen up some as he gets used to the world stage but he is very serious about his racing and people will get used to him too.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I don't want to like someone just because he is or isnt' charasmatic. I like a rider because of his skills, his ability to win or lose and be a good sport about it and not throw fits when things don't go his way. Not everyone can be a Rossi.
If Spies attitude changes then he'll drop of my list. He takes his job serisously and wants to be on top. Something you can't really say for some of the more charasmatic GP guys.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts