Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite BOTM winner for the year of 2022 HERE!

Stiff Clutch... new slave or remove springs?

5001 Views 10 Replies 8 Participants Last post by  jcasella
So with dry clutches being typically heavier than their wet counterparts, what's the typical/recommended way to make the lever pull easier on the hand? I've read that upgrading the slave cylinder should reduce the stiffness by about 20-30%, but others just say to remove 2 springs from the clutch. If you're running a 1000desmo engine, does removing springs result in any clutch slippage? Anywho, just curious about people's opinions on this...
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

· Registered
1,244 Posts
The clutch pull is something people think about at first and then kinda forget it. I have an evo slave and it works fine. Is the pull any easier? Dunno, it felt very similar. Maybe slightly. Most of my buddies do not have this done, and their clutch feels similar. I wouldn't remove springs. Plus, you need to get some bling around that clutch. If you have a dry clutch, people should see it.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.