Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want a Termignoni high mount exhaust for my rain bike project but cannot justify a real one so bought some link pipes from Steve Bailey and some Cheap SR4 termignoni carbon cans off ebay which I will modify to fit left/right.
Does anyone have a photo they can post of a bike with Steve's link pipes fitted to a carby 900ss?
I want to think about mounts before the parts arrive.

·
Registered
368 Posts
Don't get too carried away, wait until you get the bits in your hand. They might not fit like you hope. I got some muffler bands from him some time ago, to fit termi's and stock pipes. Trouble was only 5 rivet holes, not 6. Couldn't redrill them because of the slots, they ended up becoming very expensive rubbish bin decorations. Emailed him several times and posted on the other forum he is on, nothing, he got my money and didn't want to know about any problems. Other people bought them from him too, and theirs all had 5 holes too, so the whole lot were junk. If he can't work out the difference between 5 and 6 rivets holes, I'd hate to see his pipe bending work and his frame and subframe angles and welding. :eek:

·
Premium Member
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yikes ! I hope your wrong about his pipe bending :frown2:

·
Registered
7,104 Posts
Aren't you the same fellow that didn't want to spend money for jets ? What do you think is going to happen when you change the exhaust ??

·
Premium Member
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Aren't you the same fellow that didn't want to spend money for jets ? What do you think is going to happen when you change the exhaust ??
Absolutely nothing is going to happen.
How do I know that?
Because I ran the bike with a set of de-baffled mufflers with the air box taped over with no top end stumble and no pinging.
Then I took the tape off and back it came.
Then I stuck the stock mufflers back on without the tape and it ran shit again .
Tape back on and all is well.
Just sticking some loud mufflers on did not effect the running of this bike enough to be detectable but cutting a big hole in the air box surely does on this particular Ducati 900ss.

Hope that answers your well intentioned questions?

·
Premium Member
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I was planning on buying a set of his footpeg hanger adjuster plates; has anyone purchased these from him?
Let me be the test dummy before you buy.I will see what the connector pipes are like when I get them and post some photo's.

·
Registered
155 Posts
There was a short thread about these on another Ducati forum - intentionally or otherwise, it looks like they're supplied overlength, so you may have to cut and shut.
Can't you get any made up locally?

·
Premium Member
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
There was a short thread about these on another Ducati forum - intentionally or otherwise, it looks like they're supplied overlength, so you may have to cut and shut.
Can't you get any made up locally?
Yes but this is Australia $$$$$
Over length is not to bad.Too late now there ordered and on the way.
Will post a comment on here.I don't want to burn the guy until they have arrived.Most likely be fine.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts