Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know of some well priced steering dampers for the sportclassic?

·
Registered
300 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Hardluck

Save your time and $$ and order from TMSD kit from Greg
http://www.waspworks.com/
Best solution and value IMO.

Mitch

·
Registered
175 Posts
yes indeed - the waspworks TMSD is a quality piece of work and makes a huge improvement to front end stability... and looks great:D
try a search on this site for wasp TMSD

·
Registered
503 Posts
WASP

Lovely well integrated bit of engineering......I would have sold my bike if not for the Wasp coming to the rescue.

Cheers Roger

·
Registered
985 Posts
I have really gotten along well with the Storz unit linked above. It's small, light, out of the way, easy to install, and very retro in appearence.

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
+1 on the WASP setup. best mod for the bike IMO.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
how do you guys feel about the price?

·
Registered
503 Posts
Price.....?????

Quality remains long after price is forgotten.....I remember at the time of purchase I thought GULP :eek:

Never once since purchase have I felt ripped off....and I have received a lot of positive comments from dealership staff, fellow bikers and guys that know it's a bit special and not standard equipment.

So it's a top quality unit....superb quality would not be stretching it too much....it really suits the bike....easily adjusted...ONLY COMPLAINT.....the stainless bolts Wasp uses make the low quality items on the other side of the GT bars look out of place.....so your budget may need to stretch another $2 bucks or so to replace the crappy 2 OEM bolts on a GT....unsure if the sport has the same issue.

It's that good.....if you buy it and don't like it I will give you your money back.....and I have no attachment to Wasp....other than I am a raving fan !

The BEST mod you will do on your bike.....and if you do no more mods than this one you will be happy with your bike.....well I was anyway.( for a short time until I saw those shocks and forks and wheels and tank and seat and and and.....)

Cheers Roger

·
Registered
238 Posts
I have really gotten along well with the Storz unit linked above. It's small, light, out of the way, easy to install, and very retro in appearence.
how do you guys feel about the price?
my vote is TMSD, I like Stortz Harley stuff,, but not the cheaper steering dampers they hang off the side, like an afterthought takes me back to 76' Z900 days, we stuck one on the side to try beat the "death wobbles". from somebody that just got one its worth the few extra bucks, hey! if you wanted to cut corners you could have bought a Yammagucci or Kawahonda but you must be a classy guy to get a Ducati, with the TMSD you can fiddle with it and look at it on the ride NOW that makes sensehttp://www.ducati.ms/forums/images/icons/icon14.gif

Attachments

·
Registered
737 Posts
Got an Ohlins kit on my 1000S and the Bitubo WASP on my GT... I'd go the WASP kit without a 2nd thought ;)

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
do you guys happen to do sales for the Wasp products?:)

·
Registered
28 Posts
Gio, which of the seven clicks do you usually keep it on?

·
Premium Member
856 Posts
'09 Sport 1K Biposto, how much is enough?

Still have the stock forks. How thick is the clamp that attaches to the fork top? Would rather not lower the front end for this kit.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
Still have the stock forks. How thick is the clamp that attaches to the fork top? Would rather not lower the front end for this kit.
The WaspTMSD kit is designed to suit fitment to the standard forks at the factory specified height.
Your bike does not need to be lowered at all. :cool:

Greg.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 51 Posts