Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
532 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
any advice on which steering damper to put on and any idea of the price

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
theres bottom mount,top mount,and rotary its all up to your preference on my off road bikes i use rotary because they seem to be the most restrictive for the street i use top mounted dampners.dampners are generaly used on track for tankslappers,headshakes at high speeds,or just simply to slow down your sterring,just lean towards a fully adjustable unit.have a top mount ohlins from kyle racing one of the best out for sale in the forum classifides check it out.

·
Registered
511 Posts
We're REALLY going to do this again? Awright why not.... GPR Is-IN MY OPINION- the best damper/dampener/stabilizer I've ever owned. I've had the Scotts/Ohlins rotary, an Ohlins telescopic, A HyperPro telescopic, A Daytona telescopic, and a Storz. I have found that the GPR is beyond perfect, it has a lifetime warranty, and lifetime servicing. check out the site -www.gprstabilizer.com The best you know is the best you've tried. Yeah, end of debate.

·
Registered
225 Posts
I love my Scott's sub mount kit. I have always ran them on my offroad bikes also. The nice mount setup was an added bonus. I have also used the gpr ones on the offroad stuff which were also nice but I prefer the Scotts.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Some dampers modify your control position quite a bit (Scott), mildly (GPR) or not at all (Ohlins kit by Dan Kyle, Ducati Perf, Matris). Something to think about. I for one did not like the higher control position that came with the Scott clamp kit an wouldn't put one on even if I found it in my driveway. A taller rider might have a very different opinion. Also the level of finish is very different from one brand to another. There is no 'best' damper but if you spend some time comparing them you'll find the one that works best for you which is all that really matters. YMMV.

·
Premium Member
811 Posts
Some dampers modify your control position quite a bit (Scott), mildly (GPR) or not at all (Ohlins kit by Dan Kyle, Ducati Perf, Matris). Something to think about. I for one did not like the higher control position that came with the Scott clamp kit an wouldn't put one on even if I found it in my driveway. A taller rider might have a very different opinion. Also the level of finish is very different from one brand to another. There is no 'best' damper but if you spend some time comparing them you'll find the one that works best for you which is all that really matters. YMMV.
The Scotts raises the bar around 10mm. I hardly noticed it.

·
Banned
1,152 Posts
I didn't notice at all either. Would have been nice for me had it actually been a substantial rise :)

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
which damper? none. Set up your suspension properly. I have never had the need for a damper on this bike.

So far the bike has been through two track days in the A class and 5500 decently quick street miles and I've never felt the need for a damper.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts