Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,386 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Maybe this has been asked before but I'll ask anyway, can you mount a 998 stock steering damper on a 1999 Super Sport? I know the stock damper mounts on top of the 998 but was thinking maybe try mounting it on the side of the frame?

·
Excel Addict
2001 900SSie
5,345 Posts
Hyperpro mounting

Hi CM99,

I have a Hyperpro on my 01 900 which attaches to the fork leg and the frame - see attachments. The difference for our models is that there are no mounting points to really suit the 99X dampers. You need mounting points quite close to each other - the frame (fixed) and the forks/triple clamp (movable).

Just had a quick look at mine because all the fairings are off and there does not appear to be these two fixing points, even below the bottom triple clamp.

As you will see from the pics, the shaft has to be very long to accommodate the rotation of the forks fully from left to right. Richard

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,386 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
To Short

Yep I'm finding out that it won't work, Hyperpro on your bike work good?

·
Excel Addict
2001 900SSie
5,345 Posts
Hyperpro damper

It works well and has 22 damping settings via an easy to reach knob on the damper.

I bought mine from kneedraggers.com. In spite of me telling them a number of times, they advertise it as the RSC model, but reality is that the one for the Duc mount is the CSC. These are "low mount" as they attach to the fork leg and the frame. The difference between various kits for Duc models and other low mount bike brands is the mounting kit. You might find the damper on eBay or similar and just buy the mounting kit new.

Richard

·
Registered
40 Posts
I looked on kneedraggers.com, but there isn't csc model for ducati.
Have you bought the frame and fork attach support with the damper or they are universal?

·
Excel Addict
2001 900SSie
5,345 Posts
Hyperpro CSC not RSC and some pics

Rakom - as per my post about Kneedraggers, they continue to make the mistake saying it is an RSC for SS models. This is not correct, only the CSC works. I am sure you could order it from them and get the correct parts. They are not the only sellers of Hyperpro

If you look at this site, you will see part numbers and pricing from an Australian web site. The 750SSie and 900SSie mounting system part number and the damper part number are the same. http://www.hyperpro.ws/prices-dampers.html

This is the Hyperpro page for importers which shows an Italian seller. http://www.hyperpro.com/index.asp?page=importers

I have attached some pics from my 01 900SSie so you can see the mounting etc.

Richard

Attachments

·
Excel Addict
2001 900SSie
5,345 Posts
Another Hyperpro pic from my 01 900SSie

There are plenty of other damper manufacturers out there. When I bought in about 04, I was advised that Hyperpro were amongst the best. Their mounting kit is very well made.

Attachments

1 - 8 of 8 Posts