Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have any luck with one of these?

I'm starting to do a LOT of track days (8 track days in 3 months) and am starting to run into a few instances where I'd like a steering damper.

One such instance is where my husband just had a VERY nasty high side on his MS4R and ended up completely breaking his femur right below the ball socket and now has 3 pins in his femur holding the ball on as well as a grade 3 separation of the shoulder and a hairline crack in the pelvis. The bike went into a nasty tank slap.

So naturally, I'd like to do what I can to prevent that myself.

I understand that a lot of this is rider preventable, but when out on the track, things tend to happen.

What suggestions do y'all have who have experience on the track?

This will be for his Monster since we're buying it back and making it into a track only bike. He won't be riding it for at least 6 months, so I'll likely be riding it for a while once we get it up and back to working order. But I'd like him to have a damper on there to do what we can to prevent this from happening again, for obvious reasons.

·
Registered
729 Posts
I put an Arrow on my S4RT and it did improve the handling, especially comming out of the corners where the front would lighten up. Id get a little head shimmy, not too serious but enough to make me want to let-off. As a side note, this year I upgraded to a dedicated track bike, 996. Absolultly no comparision in handling over the S4R, it rails the corners where the S4R would stand-up even lightly breaking in the corners, run wind on the gas plus you had to sling it into the corners. Down side the 996 has less power than the Termi'd S4R and I get stuffed in the straights oh well.

FWIW

1 - 2 of 2 Posts