and I would like to buy a steering damper
just do not know where

sorry for my English

Klaus Poland
Ducati Gt1000 - the best bike in the world

·
Registered
900 Posts
Welcome and congratulations on you GT1000! You are very correct in looking at a steering damper for this motorcycle. The WASP top mounted unit is very nice, as is the Italo brand being shown. My advise is, which ever you choose be sure it is adjustable. I am using an Ohlins SD121 on my GT1000 and am very pleased with the enhanced performance.

I have a Kuan mounting bracket, which I purchased through this site. It is no longer being made but being in Europe, you will have a much better time of getting whatever you need. The adjustability is a plus.
Enjoy you new motorcycle and we hope to hear more from you!

·
Registered
985 Posts
I've been pleased with a damper from Storz Performance. They're fully adjustable. The kits include concise instructions and all bracketry. Tell them it's for a GT1000.

These are beautifully made and look very retro.

For what it's worth, I've been riding recently with no damper at all. I recently replaced the original heavy steel wheels with light Ducati alloy units. The bike's suspension compliance is far improved. It no longer exhibits any tendancy toward vague or unpredictable handling and headshake in some combinations road surface, lean, and speed like it used to.

http://www.storzperf.com/jpgs/page18.html

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
WaspGT'TMSD

Hi Klaus.

This is the WaspGT'TMSD.

The big advantage with this configuration is its high mount position and ease of adjustment while on the move.

The kit is complete with 18 position adjustable Bitubo damper, all 6061-T6 billet mounts, all Stainless Steel fasteners, and a full colour installation manual.
The GT kit also includes a new milled factory left hand handlebar riser for damper body clearance.

There are no modifications required to your bike to install the WaspTMSD kit.

There are Hundreds of WaspTMSD users on this and other sites with many user reviews and commentries. Take the time and have a look around before bolting something on your bike.

As a couple of folks have said, which ever unit you buy, make sure it is of good quality and has a good range of adjustability.

The next batch of custom valved Bitubo dampers are due in stock within a few days but more than half are spoken for, so if you or anyone else are interested, you need to move quickly. I will send you a pm with pricing.

Greg.

Attachments

1 - 7 of 7 Posts