Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since the stock horn can barely be heard over Akrapovic exhaust, I looked around Ducati.ms and noticed LaRossa had a Stebel air horn. I put one on this morning. Now cars hear me in neighboring counties. Great upgrade. I removed the stock horn from its mount on the lower part of the upper radiator. Then attached the air horn. Some photos for those that might be interested.

Sent from my Motorcycle iPad app

Attachments

·
Premium Member
12,278 Posts
One can seperate the Compressor from the Trumpet, which fits nicely around the rad hose with added braided hose from the hidden compressor.

On the Multi there is not much room ,but it can be done...

I had concerns about blocking air flow behind the radiator.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
OFP. I don't know what that canister is for, so I didn't remove it.

Sent from my Motorcycle iPad app

·
Premium Member
12,278 Posts
Seperating the,compressor from the trumpet, takes some time to do and finding spots for them both cleans up the look, I spent quite some time trying to find a better way to mount and ended up doing as others have done , Lots of riders never even use the horn , because the original is soo weak .

Do some searches get confident knowing what your are about to do and have at her.

The canister is made to be removed , and serves a very small purpose for the enviormentalists. It likely has caused more pollution being made and installed and removed than it would have done if it was left off in the first place. A waste of material and time and money we all spent, added to the cost of the bike...

The Stebel as original equipment would have been $$$ well spent.

·
Registered
798 Posts
After the last near-death episode due to deaf South Florida drivers not hearing the stock horn, I decided to implement the suggestions mentioned in this thread. No more canister and I'm very pleased with the appearance of the Stebel in it's place not to mention the ability to be heard. Relay mounts to the stock horn tab and the canister bracket can be reshaped to hold the air horn like a factory install; a couple of rivets and judicious use of epoxy hold things together quite nicely and neatly.

Attachments

·
Registered
68 Posts
Nice mod. Does anyone have a link to removing the EVAP can on the Streetfighter? I didn't see one in the FAQ section.

·
Premium Member
12,278 Posts
Seperated Trumpet from Compressor With the limited room even to run the braided hose and add a 90 to the trumpet . Seems there is no really easy way ...

Nice to get a little satisfaction waking up the sleeping / texting , not paying attention drivers we all have to deal with...
Hope maybe JUST ONE will realize they are making it dangerous for us on bikes...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts