Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Strange problem, when starting the bike I can let go the switch and the starter still runs till the bike starts. I changed the switch but that did not fix the problem. Now I notice something new, if it does not start on the first crank and the switch is pressed again nothing happens until the key is turned off and on again, any ideas.

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
on 999/749, the button should be pressed and released to start. You don't need to keep holding it; the starter will crank until the bike fires up.
As for the issue with having to turn off and back on, check battery voltage, fuses, wires to and from battery.

·
Registered
857 Posts
... Now I notice something new, if it does not start on the first crank and the switch is pressed again nothing happens until the key is turned off and on again, any ideas.
This is by design. if you turn on the key, there is a 10second window for you to hit the switch. after that you have to turn the key off and on again. This should be in your user manual

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys this just shows how much I know. The funny part is my friend who claims to live Ducati did not know this, he has 996 now I will point out to him how little he knows.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts