Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just found out a few mins ago my solenoid/relay decided to crap the bed. If/when i bypass the 12v directly to the starter she'll start right up so i'm pretty sure thats the problem.

Now my main question is, how much are these buggers from the dealer? And what are the chances that its instock (that is if its a common issue). And would there be any ill effects if i jump the connecters on the solenoid to get the bike running just to get it to the dealer??

thanks,
duey

·
Registered
4,030 Posts
i think i mine was $58-65. can't remeber, it was back when my head was more of a wreck. i say ebay it, there are a couple on there now, turns out my old one was good and i'd let you have it but already gave it away.

the part should be in stock at the dealer, but that also depends on the dealer. example, ducati of austin stocks everything and is ready at the door, never waited once on a part. Eximport in houston i have to wait for eveything, shims even.

to get it to the dealer just push start it, sometimes i do it for fun on hills even if i don't have to.

·
Super Moderator
8,267 Posts
Very commen problem. Most Ducati dealers have solenoids in stock.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts