Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi, Does anyone know where I can purchase a female connector to match up to the connector on the starter solenoid on the 848/ 1098 many monsters etc etc, its the one with the hard wired tail, I'm wanting to replace my old solenoid on my 888 with one of these newer ones because my solenoid connector and loom connector isn't in great shape on the 888, ide rather not cut the connector of the new solenoid and just purchase one to fit to my loom,
Its the one in this picture. Any help appreciated,
Cheers Jack
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/NEW-Duca...e=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

·
Vendor
545 Posts
Finding that particular connector would be somewhat difficult.

Better route would be to buy a set of mating connectors (probably about $5) and changeover both the new solenoid and your existing 888 connector to the new set.

You'll only lose about 5 mm by cutting off the wires on that new solenoid.

HTH.

M./

Reactions: jack999s

·
Excel Addict
2001 900SSie
5,345 Posts
Looks like an AMP TYCO Superseal style connector to me.
Could be another brand like Delphi, Deutsch etc.

If the assembler/supplier can buy the male connector (new) for the solenoid, then for sure the female would also be available.
Same goes for whoever supplies connectors to Ducati for wiring harnesses.

If you already have the solenoid and hence connector, have a look at it as they normally have a brand and a code to identify at least the series of connector families they belong to.

If it is "generic"/unbranded another option is to look at the OEM harness connector on an applicable model as per the suggestion above.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Cheers mate, Solenoids not arrived yet but will wait and check out all that you have mentioned here in this post, If all else fails I will just go the route of replacing both male and female like motoletric mentioned.

Cheers

·
Excel Addict
2001 900SSie
5,345 Posts
Cheers mate, Solenoids not arrived yet but will wait and check out all that you have mentioned here in this post, If all else fails I will just go the route of replacing both male and female like motoletric mentioned.

Cheers
Yeah - Moto is correct in that approach if the connector is not readily available.

I have often used crimped connectors or whatever to "mate" stock electrical "stuff" on bikes whatever the brand.

After all, IMO, it is just a way to connect positive to positive and negative to negative.

Who cares unless someone is OCD (some mates are) or does the thing work/function as intended?
I.e. can you ride the bike?
End of my story.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts