Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys!

New to the forum. If this is not the right place please kindly point me to where I should go.

I haven’t ridden the bike for a while and it won’t start now. I’m a pretty handy guy and am comfortable working on stuff, but where should I start? What part do I need? Where can I find instructions?

🙏 Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
285 Posts
Here’s the video.
Hello there!

I’d start with the battery. Charge it up and try again, otherwise replace it. If that doesn’t do it then move on to the rectifier. It may need to be replaced. I had to replace my battery and rectifier on my 09 biposto. Let us know how it goes!

Cheers,

Mike

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I did keep it on a battery tender during this time, and do you know what the voltage the battery should be? I remember measuring it around 12.xx V, not sure if that’s good or bad.

Thanks for the reply!

·
Registered
285 Posts
I did keep it on a battery tender during this time, and do you know what the voltage the battery should be? I remember measuring it around 12.xx V, not sure if that’s good or bad.

Thanks for the reply!
That sounds about right. Hmm, since it’s not even cranking I would still think it’s electrical. There used to be some starter issue diagram someone uploaded on here way back. I would try to look up starting issues on the search and do a bit of reading. Just to be sure I’d try a new battery. If it’s still an issue just return it.

Cheers,

Mike

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6,127 Posts
I had a battery problem recently that I mis- diagnosed. Bike dash went nuts when you hit the start button. Voltage after charge : 12.8 - 13.1v. Battery 2 year old Yuasa. I did not do a LOAD test, just checked voltage and assumed 12.8 was a good battery. After all, my “ smart “ charger had no problem charging it. The battery was bad. Always do a load test. You can use a load tester for a car battery, according to the brains here on the forum.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts