Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am in the process of buying a 998 which will be shipped to my house. I plan to do all the maintenance at home, and ride roads and never take her on the track. The seller won't go below $300 for his used pitbull stands. On one hand, I can keep the stands on the bike to avoid damage during the trip, and save the shipping cost on buying stands elsewhere. Everyone says the pit bulls are the best track/storage stand, but I wonder if I can't find a better stand for doing mechanical maintenance for less money elsewhere. Advice?

·
Registered
128 Posts
I use a Ducati performance stand for my 916 and 1098. Search the web for a nice used stand or take the Pitbulls that come with the bike, you won't regret it....

·
Registered
542 Posts
That is very near full retail price for the rear and front fork lift Pitbull stands. They are top notch stands, but I would have a hard time paying retail for used examples.

·
Registered
435 Posts
I have a front and rear T-Rex stands, I used them for maintenance and just display. IMO, they work just as good as any other stand. IF your looking for dressing to go along with your bike, then go with PitBull, but if you just want a stand that works without breaking the bank, T-Rex works just as fine.

Eventually you will find the Chok stand to be the best most convenient. Its easy to roll the bike into it so long as you have it anchored properly to the ground.

My T-Rex front stand supports both mounting from the forks as well as mounting from underneath the steering column.

They are not flashy, but they work.

·
Mayor of Simpleton
4,875 Posts
sportbiketrackgear.com has reasonable prices for Pitbull stands (and Michelins) and free shpping on orders over $150.

$159 for a brand new rear stand for the 998:
Pit Bull Ducati Rear Motorcycle Stand (D Pin) from SportbikeTrackGear.com

$149 for a universal front stand:
Pit Bull Fork Lift Front Motorcycle Stand from SportbikeTrackGear.com

OR...

If you've got an aftermarket triple (with a hole) for Ohlilns front end, this is the way to go. $169
Pit Bull Newfront Stand from SportbikeTrackGear.com

1 - 6 of 6 Posts